Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOREWATCH ALERT!

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

SCOREWATCH ALERT!

AAAWWWWW man........Got two cards paid off.  Still two more to go.  I got 8 points for my efforts.  Still have baddies.....and over 30% util.  But I got a plan.......Gonna have a 800 party, everybody invited. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
K_J
Regular Contributor

Re: SCOREWATCH ALERT!

Congrats

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

AAAWWWWW man........Got two cards paid off.  Still two more to go.  I got 8 points for my efforts.  Still have baddies.....and over 30% util.  But I got a plan.......Gonna have a 800 party, everybody invited. Smiley Very Happy

you're saying that because your balance amount changed to $0 on two cards you got 8 point increase? I thought they didn't send an alert whenever balances decrease... at least that's what I was told. "SW alerts you only when balances increase" Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 11
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't.  The SW alert was probably because the FICO score changed and not due to the balance decrease.  The balance decrease effects your utility and the lowered utilization is probably what caused a score increase and the score increase triggered the SW alert.

Looks you've come a long way!  Congrats!  Hope to be in your shoes someday. Smiley Happy I also had a SW alert for increased score after a new account started reporting.  Small, but I'll take it.

Message 4 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Adalen wrote:

It doesn't.  The SW alert was probably because the FICO score changed and not due to the balance decrease.  The balance decrease effects your utility and the lowered utilization is probably what caused a score increase and the score increase triggered the SW alert.

Looks you've come a long way!  Congrats!  Hope to be in your shoes someday. Smiley Happy I also had a SW alert for increased score after a new account started reporting.  Small, but I'll take it.

I noticed you have Apple on your wallet... as in APPLE FCU? so you're from VA as well? I recently got my car refinanced thru them! they lowered my 26.99% car loan interest to a 9.24%! they're my new fave bank! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

No, I actually didn't know there was a CU called Apple! lol  My Apple card is in reference to the computer manufacturer and financed through Barclay Bank.

Message 6 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Adalen wrote:

No, I actually didn't know there was a CU called Apple! lol  My Apple card is in reference to the computer manufacturer and financed through Barclay Bank.

LOL! Smiley LOL that was my second guess!

Message 7 of 11
guydiver
Established Contributor

Yes, the alert came from a EQ score increase. I figured I would get a bump when those two cards reported $0 balance. I should get another bump when the third card is paid. That will put me at <50% of revolving accts. reporting a bal., then another when I get below 30% util. I set my score watch to my current score so it alerts for any score change. I also have baddies due to fall off. That's the wildcard that should get me close to 800.
Message 8 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

you will see most of your scoring come once you get that util below 30% Smiley Happy llecs has a guide out on it...

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 9 of 11
rx30

Was it your FICO score that jumped.  Im asking because I just within the last month paid 5 credit cards to zero and another 2 to balances of less than 35% util.  I havent seen a score change or alert yet.  Im really trying to be patient here. Any pointers.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.