Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Share Account RECON success!

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

SDFCU Share Account RECON success!

I wasn't sure where to put this as it is not a CC reconsideration approval, but it is definitely about rebuilding.

I am rebuilding from having some unemployment issues about 4 years ago that I didn't handle well.  I had been looking for an additional secured card, and was trying to get the State Department as it has some of the best fees and terms out there for secured cards.

I was denied a savings account last month because of Chex system isssue. Well, I reapplied on Friday, saw that my application was in referral, and wrote them note through their system on Friday night asking them to reconsider as I just wanted the account to add money to in order to apply for their cards.

Today I got a note back that my new account has been established!

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SDFCU Share Account RECON success!

@gibeon wrote:

I wasn't sure where to put this as it is not a CC reconsideration approval, but it is definitely about rebuilding.

I am rebuilding from having some unemployment issues about 4 years ago that I didn't handle well.  I had been looking for an additional secured card, and was trying to get the State Department as it has some of the best fees and terms out there for secured cards.

I was denied a savings account last month because of Chex system isssue. Well, I reapplied on Friday, saw that my application was in referral, and wrote them note through their system on Friday night asking them to reconsider as I just wanted the account to add money to in order to apply for their cards.

Today I got a note back that my new account has been established!

Nicely done.... Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SDFCU Share Account RECON success!

SDFCU is a pretty cool CU. I applied for a share secured loan after getting my initial membership. For the reason for the loan, I said "This is to rebuild my credit. I don't need the funds." It was approved the same day, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.