Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU secured does do a hard pull

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

SDFCU secured does do a hard pull

I was going to get one yesterday but went with US bank instead, when I called the lady said they don't hardpull for the card, but they do hardpull to create an account with them, which you have to do to get the card. So just a heads up, you will get an inquriy even though it says otherwise.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Re: SDFCU secured does do a hard pull

I just got a secured card from them. If you apply for a checking account yes they do a hard pull. But I only opened a savings account to get the secured card. I checked my credit. They didn't pull mine and I got approved.
07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 2 of 8
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

That's strange because I asked for a savings account too and she said she had to pull my credit first. I will call back Monday and see if I can get someone else that can clarify what the deal is with that,

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 3 of 8
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

I didn't call. I did it all online. The website says it doesn't pull credit for the secured card. When I called to check the status of my application she told me I would be approved that most ppl were cause they don't do a credit inquiry. I know they check Chek Systems.
07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 4 of 8
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Can anyone that has joined SDFCU lately verify if it is a soft pull to apply for membership?  Do you have to have your reports unfrozen or can you apply with all reports frozen and which report do they pull for membership? Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined in early August. Started with savings account (done online) added checking(online) and apped for secured. No hard pull at all. They do check chexsystems. And a soft pull when I opened checking IIRC but that was it.
Message 6 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

I joined in April/May with a savings account t and immediately apped for secured card. No hard pull on either, but they did do Chex for the savings.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is over a year old and the OP has been offline for nearly a year now it is closed to further discussion. You are free to start a new thread on the subject if you wish.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.