Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEND GW OR JUST WAIT?????

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

SEND GW OR JUST WAIT?????

I received a release letter from the collection CO that took over my Capital One charged off ACC, however this isn't helping my score.  What should I do? Should i send a gw letter to the collection CO saying to try and remove that negative mark on my report, or should i just wait and see if after the 30 days of   receiving this letter my score might just increase.

Also I have a tmobile and sprint account in collection, they are unpaid but i dont want to do what i did with capital one to just pay and not impact my credit score at all, so if there another aproach to this?

thank you guyssssss.Robot Very Happy

1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SEND GW OR JUST WAIT?????

If the CA is reporting, then a balance of $0 won't help your score any. I'd send a GW letter.

If it is the OC reporting (CapOne), then all you can do is to send a GW. If it was CapOne that reported and reported a balance, then your score won't improve due to the paid status, but could increase if it was factoring into your util and made your util improve by paying it to $0.

For the telecoms, is a CA reporting that? If so, send a DV (even if you know the debt is yours). If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If they agree with the PFD and respond with a written acceptance, then send $$$ and they'll delete and your scores would likely improve.

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.