Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERIOUS issue with Comcast

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SERIOUS issue with Comcast

Ok I just submitted the complaint with the CFPB.  Will update everyone once I hear something. Appreciate the help. 

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried reaching out to someone higher up at Comcast?  As long as they show the debt as owed they are going to keep bouncing it from CA to CA until it gets resolved.  Your best bet would be to contact someone at Comcast who can get the debt cleared out for you if it isn't owed.  

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did speak with someone at Comcast EO that I gave the entire run down too. I was then called back about an hour or so later by a higher up that told me the supposed debt was from the last bill. I'm 100% sure I made the last payment when I disconnected service and I remember the rep at the time telling me the account was satisfied. Obviously a year and a half later I don't have any proof of any of this stuff. I will see what the results of the CFPB complaint are and go from there if it's unsuccessful.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen something similar from others before.  They more than likely billed you for a prorated amount for you last month after the fact.  They are bad about doing that after they tell people they don't owe anything else.  Good luck. 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pure craziness over 90 bucks. Hopefully the CFPB clears this up.
Message 15 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am not so sure that you can expect, even if the CFPB agrees that there are prior violations of the reinsertion provisions of the FCRA, that they will or can "clear things up."

Their intervention may require removal of a prior reporting based on lack of compliance with the resinsertion provisions, but there is nothing to prevent a current debt collector from still reinsertng provided they submit a certification of accuracy.  The CFPB will have no basis for prevent future reporting that is in compliance with the FCRA.

Dealing with improper prior reinsertions will not address the issue that you still have a delinquent debt that remains under collection, and the ability to report it if they comply with the reinsertion provisions. 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok if that happens to be the case, after the FCPB gets the collection removed I will pay Comcast directly and then there will be no collection reported (paid or unpaid)
Message 17 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok if that happens to be the case, after the FCPB gets the collection removed I will pay Comcast directly and then there will be no collection reported (paid or unpaid)

Good for you!!

Signature needs updating
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Just want to share an update with everybody, heard back from the CFPB and they asked me whether I wanted my dispute going to Southwest Systems or Equifax. I told them Equifax since they are the ones I feel wrongfully validated the debt, and southwest is just the middle man. That was yesterday. 

I decided to go to CCT and pull my reports to see whether or not Southwest Credit Systems was reporting to Experian as well, which they were.  Here's the crazy part .... Yesterday afternoon around 5pm I call Experian to initiate the dispute and I tell the rep pretty much everything I've told you guys. So she puts the dispute through, literally less than 12 hours later I get an email from a Experian at 4am saying the account has been DELETED.  

So it took Equifax almost 2 weeks to VERIFY the debt, and Experian deleted it overnight...what's up with that?

So I get back on the phone with Comcast EO and the lady is actually pretty nice that's working with me.  I tell her everything I just typed above, and I tell her I just want the madness to end. I let her know very clearly that I am in no way shape or form taking responsibility for the debt but I tell her I would be willing to pay comcast directly the $90 dollars if they agree to recall the debt from the collections agency.  I then tell her I need the agreement in writing on letterhead before I give the payment.  She tells me it shouldn't be a problem and give her a day to speak with her collections department / legal team. 

Here is where I need some more guidance, what EXACTLY do I need this letter and agreement from Comcast to say??? I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Upon receipt of $90 from mr. Customer, Comcast acknowledges the account as fully satisfied and agrees to recall the account from any and all collections agencies including but not limited to SouthWest Credit Systems, Lp.

Should I have them add every CA's name to that list that has been previously deleted?  Will this guarantee that any trace of this will disappear from my credit report?

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, if someone in the executive office is dealing with it I don't see why they couldn't just make a call over to Southwest Credit Systems and ask (tell) them to remove the listing.  I had an issue with Verizon and the EO took care of it and it was gone in like 2 days.  While I have seen it said that the OC doesn't have the authority to have the collection agency remove their listing I find that hasn't been the case.  The OC is the CA's client.  I doubt they would be willing to risk nonrenewal of their contract with the OC by not doing what they ask.  That would probably be the most expedient way to get it handled.  I had a collection with Comcast and dealt with a department that assured me if I paid them they would have the listing removed.  I email the CA a letter telling them the account had been dealt with directly with Comcast and they assured me the listing would be removed from my credit reports.  I included the contact information (I had a direct phone number) of the person I spoke with.  Two days later the listing was removed from my reports.  I have went the executive route with a few other things and anytime that level gets involved I have seen fast results.  

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.