Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERIOUSLY? Goal score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SERIOUSLY? Goal score!

@mauve wrote:

GW letters for the win - I just pulled my EQ from EQ (more on that in a second) and then compared to November's report. 2 paid collections gone, thanks to a basic GW letter to UCB. Plus, my utilization is listed at 25%.

So, November report has 2 collections, dated in 2009, a 30 day late from 2008, and 35% utilization (my utilization went up after that) Score 686

Now, 0 collections, late remains, 25% utilization, and a 1-month-old car loan, score 744.

Score had dropped to 676 with the 55% utilization, rebounded to 692 like a week ago, and is now where it is. So loving UCB right now.

Huge congrats man! Great work!

Really surprised your score didn't take a hit from the brand new auto loan. I'm getting an auto loan in July and concerned that it may ding my score at the start. Anyone know how long/after how many payments an auto loan starting working in your favor for your score?

My EQ FICO is at 686 right now, up from 604 eight months ago. Only baddies I've got left is 3 Amex paid CO accounts. They've been paid and all have a $0 balance so I'm trying to GW the heck out of them, but Amex doesn't seem to budge so far. Sadly, unless I get Amex to do it I don't see how I'm going to break 700. I don't have any other baddies, but I only have credit card accounts and no mortgage. Seems like a mortgage boosts one's score by a good 50 points or more!

Message 11 of 14
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Hell yeah!! Good job! That's so awesome .. I'm just waiting for that to happen!!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just wow!
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 14
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Auto loan installments have very little affect on Fico score. If the dealership pulled your reports in under 2 weeks it will only count as one inquiry. I COULD be wrong. don't quote me lol. Look under my post at the blue stickys a lot of good info to learn from. It helped me!!!! Good luck on your credit rebuilding journey!!!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.