Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICK OF THE CREDIT GAME

tag
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

SICK OF THE CREDIT GAME

Smiley FrustratedI have been working hard trying to rebuild my credit and my husbands and I must say I am getting frustrated and ready to just say "screw it". It's a damn game with these credit scores and the collection agencies, credit card companies and the CRA, sick of playing it.

Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: SICK OF THE CREDIT GAME

Don't give up, tackle it one day at a time, don't let them get you down. Time is on your side.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 12
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@wildbillcody wrote:

Smiley FrustratedI have been working hard trying to rebuild my credit and my husbands and I must say I am getting frustrated and ready to just say "screw it". It's a damn game with these credit scores and the collection agencies, credit card companies and the CRA, sick of playing it.

You have to remember that you don't get into a credit mess overnight; you won't get out of one with any speed, either.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Rather than throwing in the towel in frustration, can you post the specifc derogs you have, and actions you have taken?

Perhaps someone will see actions that can still be taken, or give contacts for addressing your roadblocks.

Message 4 of 12
Jslow
Valued Member

Im not sure i can screw up my credit in 120 days, or less, doubt i can fix it that fast
Message 5 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

There is a lot of help on this board!!!!! Guiness56, RobertEG and Shogun have been very helpful to others as to myself. I signed up back in Oct 2012 and see big improvements with my CR's!!!!! I myself like to give advice and help as much as I can. Like my wife always says......You deleted facebook and came to myFICO and im addicted lol. Me personally I have no issues helping others for whatever they need help with. What comes around goes around in a good way in this board!!!!! I shall drink a cold beer in your honor of building your credit back to better Smiley Very Happy

Like my buddle Steve Stifler says.....quitters don't give up!!!!! 

Message 6 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ya I cancelled my Evony account and came to myfico and others. i am actually doing something helpful to myself for once. It is great. Hang in there...

Message 7 of 12
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

Thanks all... I will continue my journey. I just get frustrated because these collection agencies think it's a game to play with your credit report, it's funny to them. I have a mortgage that will have had no late payments a year in May so I know that will help my score out some. I have two small credit cards, one that has a late payment last may but that was the time our mail box got broken into and all the  mail stolen. i have pleaded with BOFA and they won't remove it. I have never had a late with any of my cards and have had an excellent payment history with them and they refuse to remove it so that's frustrating. I have a repo on a car from cap one that is almost three years old and it has no balance due, they sold the car and the account was paid in full and I have pleaded with them to remove it and they won't. It's a game.. they are getting nothing from keeping these derogs on credit reports because there is no balance and they do it because they can. I have a couple paid collections that are small that i can work on having them remove. It takes time and i get frustrated. We are trying to buy another house some time in the next year or so. I ride, train and own Clydesdale horses which are boarded and my dream is to have them at our home so i just get a little down... Chin up!!!

Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 8 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Take it day by day..... it took me over a yr to get where im at now... patience is a virtue!!!!!

Message 9 of 12
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@wildbillcody wrote:

Thanks all... I will continue my journey. I just get frustrated because these collection agencies think it's a game to play with your credit report, it's funny to them. I have a mortgage that will have had no late payments a year in May so I know that will help my score out some. I have two small credit cards, one that has a late payment last may but that was the time our mail box got broken into and all the  mail stolen. i have pleaded with BOFA and they won't remove it. I have never had a late with any of my cards and have had an excellent payment history with them and they refuse to remove it so that's frustrating. I have a repo on a car from cap one that is almost three years old and it has no balance due, they sold the car and the account was paid in full and I have pleaded with them to remove it and they won't. It's a game.. they are getting nothing from keeping these derogs on credit reports because there is no balance and they do it because they can. I have a couple paid collections that are small that i can work on having them remove. It takes time and i get frustrated. We are trying to buy another house some time in the next year or so. I ride, train and own Clydesdale horses which are boarded and my dream is to have them at our home so i just get a little down... Chin up!!!

Those who furnish data to the CRA's are bound by an agreement that says they will not remove accurate data on the basis of payment of an account.  Their argument is that the integrity of the credit reporting system is based on full and accurate reporting of all data.  I agree it can be frustrating, but these are people like you and I who are just doing their jobs.  While some can be rude or dirty, some also have the ability to display great compassion.  I think saying they view it as a game makes one feel as if the system is against you, which is not the case at all.  They didn't make those credit mistakes; they didn't make late payments or allow accounts to go to collections or into repossesion, you did.  That means you have the power and the responsibility to fix them.  You are at ultimately at your own mercy here, so the only way to move forward is to maintain a confident and positive attitude.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.