Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM/Navient Unicorn!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SM/Navient Unicorn!?

Just like the title says I beleive I have in my posession a SM/Navient Unicorn, I think......I have been sending GW letters and been calling the Office of the Consumer Advocate since last November about numerous lates being reported, but have not had any luck getting them removed.  Today I got a call back from an advocate who stated that she was looking at the posted tradelines but could not find any of the lates I was talking about.  I immediately opened up a report to take screenshots to send her but I was not seeing any of the previously reported lates either.  I recently recieved a score increase but attributed that to paying down some cc debt.  I hope that they really did remove the lates and that by having this advocate looking into them SM/Navient doesnt decide to reinstate.  I like the thought of having my very own SM/Navient Unicorn.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: SM/Navient Unicorn!?

Just curious as to why you involved a third party in a good-will request.

Were you asserting error in their reporting?

Congrats on the outcome, but it is kinda strange to involve another in investigation of what you were pursuing via goodwill.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Congrats on the outcome, but it is kinda strange to involve another in investigation of what you were pursuing via goodwill.

I did not involve a third party, the advocate I spoke of works for SM/Navients' Office of the Consumer Advocate. 

Yes, i was asserting error in their reporting.  Initially i sent in a GW but was refered to the OoCA.  Thats when it transformed from a GW to an investigation.

Message 3 of 5
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I did not involve a third party, the advocate I spoke of works for SM/Navients' Office of the Consumer Advocate. 

Yes, i was asserting error in their reporting.  Initially i sent in a GW but was refered to the OoCA.  Thats when it transformed from a GW to an investigation.

Awesome, congrats! The Office of the Customer Advocate is definitely the best place to try GW or incorrect reporting adjustments. Really happy for you, I know firsthand that Sallie Mae/Navient is a tough nut to crack.

How much of a bump did you get?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Awesome, congrats! The Office of the Customer Advocate is definitely the best place to try GW or incorrect reporting adjustments. Really happy for you, I know firsthand that Sallie Mae/Navient is a tough nut to crack.

How much of a bump did you get?

Thanks,  I really didnt expect anything to come of it.  Its hard to say how much of a bump the lates were responsible for as I paid off a cc debt around the same time.  Overall my score jumped 57 points between the two events.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.