Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SMARTEST and FASTEST way to 700!!

This looks like it'll be my best bet....thank you

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as you get your Express card, set up your online account and hit the Request CLI button. Do this every month. I mark my calendar. lol

Clear your cookies and make sure pop-ups are not blocked. Pretend to buy something from Comenity card sites each month. JCrew is the best I have for CLI, even though I don't use the card really. It's just there for UTI right now and a positive account. HSN is one that I do use. They have some good deals, but the easy pay really works well for me and helps with my budget. I tried for those with SCT about 2 months after my first Cap One card. Some worked, some didn't. Keep trying, you've nothing to lose. Just don't accept any 'ol one (or all of them!) if the pop-ups work. Pick 1 or 2 max to start. Too many new accounts can drop your score too. Never, never, never over extend your budget on these types of cards.

Try the CLI button again next month on Cap One. It's a SP so there's nothing to lose. After the Credit Steps increase you can try every 6 months.

Use the Pre-Qual tool at Cap One every month or so. Again, it's a soft pull. Something might be offered in the next month or two. If you apply, it is an HP on all 3 bureaus.

Use your QS1 card for EVERYTHING and pay weekly if necessary. I've heard the spend you put through a card might help with CLI. Not sure, but maybe someone can verify. May as well have your cash earn cash by using the card and PIF except for small amount when statements cut. Then PIF. Keep your UTI under 9% if at all possible, and under 30% at the very least.

Working on your credit is more a month by month thing as far as seeing changes. You have to wait for things to report and update and that takes time. Some months show positive movement, some negative, some nothing.

Make a budget, stick to it. Make a plan for positive credit steps. Stick to it. Don't dwell on mistakes or missteps, just learn, modify, and resume your coarse. Give the credit game a certain amount of your time and attention, and remember it's not everything. You ARE making progress! Celebrate that!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 13
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Express acount is too new to request a CLI, havent even gotten the card yet, But would you apply for other Comeity cards? The SCT NEVER and I mean NEVER works for me so I feel lost there.

It's worked okay so far, but I may just need to let these other accounts grow for awhile. 

Sounds like you know what you need to do. I would NOT apply for other cards, I wouldn't. I would stick with what you have + cleaning up your Credit report, and just wait it out / let your age of accounts rebound.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.