Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO: Capital One Judgement.. Help!

tag
CFG
Valued Member

SO: Capital One Judgement.. Help!

My Fiance recieved a letter today from a lawers office. The Letter enclosed a copy of "Notice of Application for Wage Execution" being made by the Judgement -creditor to the Court. 

It listed her current employer and listed a wage executuon order against her salary to be served by her employer for

(a) 10% of gross salary when the same shall equal or exceed the amount of $217.50 per week: or

(b) 25% of disposable earnings for that week: or

(c) The amount, if any, by which disposable weekly earnings exceed $217.50

Whichever is least. 

This sounds serious. I admit, she did tell me about this before we got engaged and this was before i began working on fixing my credit so i just shelved it and forgot about it. Now that were about to get married in less then a year and can use all the credit/cash we can i would like to take care of this. 

"You may notify the Clerk of  the Court and the Attorny for the Judgement-creditor in writing withing 10 days of the notice why an order should not be issued. If you do not notify the Clerk of the Court Judgement-creditor in writing of your objection you will receive no firthur notice and the order will be signed by the judge. "

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I dont even know where to start.

FICO Score:Eq 703 (1/23/15) | FICO Score:Tu 709 (12/29/14) | CK Score: 720 (1/23/15) | CS Score: 727 (1/23/15)

AmEx Green (NPSL) | Barclay Arrival ($11.25k) | DiscoverIT ($10.1K) | AmEx ED ($10k) | Chase MileagePlusExplorer ($8k) | Chase Sapphire Pref. ($7.5k) | Chase Freedom ($6k) | Chase Marriott Rewards ($5k) | Capital One QuicksilverOne ($4.75k) x 2 | Chase Freedom ($1.5K)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: SO: Capital One Judgement.. Help!

PFD it, ask the attorney if they would vacate the judgement for full payment.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 4
CFG
Valued Member

They are going to submit the request. I asked if i could settle for 85% of the total amount and have them vacate the judgement. 

FICO Score:Eq 703 (1/23/15) | FICO Score:Tu 709 (12/29/14) | CK Score: 720 (1/23/15) | CS Score: 727 (1/23/15)

AmEx Green (NPSL) | Barclay Arrival ($11.25k) | DiscoverIT ($10.1K) | AmEx ED ($10k) | Chase MileagePlusExplorer ($8k) | Chase Sapphire Pref. ($7.5k) | Chase Freedom ($6k) | Chase Marriott Rewards ($5k) | Capital One QuicksilverOne ($4.75k) x 2 | Chase Freedom ($1.5K)
Message 3 of 4
NW04
Established Member

Did you have any luck with this?  Who did you send the PFD letter to?  The lawyers office? I recieved the exact same letter and am curious as to how this turned out because I am in the exact same situation with Capital One. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.