Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO FRAUSTRATED WITH TRANSUNION

tag
susieqj
Regular Contributor

SO FRAUSTRATED WITH TRANSUNION

I have been trying to get Transunion to delete a duplicate judjement for the past month.  

This is what the court papers read.

Amount claimed $1,329.62

Total damages $1,176.78

Judgement total $1,306.78 this was paid through wage garnishment.

Transunion had it on my account as

Judgement $1,329.62

Satisfied Judgement $1,306. 62

I disputed it as a duplicate

It came back as PAID judgement $1,329.29

And satisfied Judgement $1,306.62

both reporting as separate. although it is the same docket number. which the court confirmed to me personally.

I disputed it again. Today I pulled my report it now show a different amount.

They changedit from $1,329.62 to $1,156.00  with the same docket number

Can I report Tranunion to the BBB or the FTC.

I really do not know what to do..

Thank you...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Re: SO FRAUSTRATED WITH TRANSUNION

In addition, you might give them a call tomorrow. You obviously have a file-# and with that, you can call them and speak to a live person. In your case, that might be a way to success because the error is too obvious. I even doubt they will investigate anything. If you just dispute online...well, you know, almost anything is verified - even if it makes no sense.

Message 2 of 4
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Yes indeed the error is quite obvious to me and everyone else except for transunion... The first time I disputed it the result came back as paid instead of delete. Dispute itsecond time  instead they change the dollar amount with no delete.  This would be my third time... EQ deleted one of them and Experian is reporting corectly. Just TU. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to have more luck with disputes if I do it through the mail instead of online.  I don't use their dispute forms either, just write a letter with the account info and my reason for dispute.  Don't know if it makes any real difference or not, but the ones I do through the mail in this way tend to get deleted on-average 2 weeks faster than when I do them online.  I also address everything ATTN:  DISPUTES MANAGER...again, not sure if that makes a difference.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.