Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO FRUSTRATED...Any Ideas???

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

SO FRUSTRATED...Any Ideas???

Hi Everyone,

So here is my problem.  I filed Chptr 7 last year (medical) Smiley Sad and have been doing damage control and trying to rebuild my shattered credit.  I have had ZERO luck with disputing this item:

Collection on debt to:

Med1 02 ***** Hospital

The collection agency "Amer Adj Bur" was hired to collect a debt of $317 originally owed to "Med1 02 ******Hospital" on account number "XXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Date assigned [?] Original lender [?] Account number [?] Account holder [?] Account descriptions [?]
Amer Adj Bur
$317
$0
Feb 01, 2007
Med1 02 ***** Hospital
XXXXXXX
Individual
Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Help, any ideas on how I should approach this?  Is this hurting my score alot as it is the ONLY collection listed and was from 2007.  Should I leave it alone or would it be worth it to try???  HELP PLEASE!

THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: SO FRUSTRATED...Any Ideas???

ANYONE???   

Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 11
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Try "hipaa method"  you have to google it.  

Message 3 of 11
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

THANKS...I will google it...so frustrating!  I hear that they are VERY rude and hard to deal with Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 11
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

that's the beauty of HIPAA process-  you don't have to deal with them =P

Message 5 of 11
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

:-)  Great!  I just pulled my report and it says that it is due to fall off in September of 2013.  Does this mean that it is not hurting me alot?  I am so afraid to make it worse, like they might update or something, that I tend to not make a move either way Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would doubt anything this old is having much of an impact on your score- however using the HIPPA method to have it removed surely wont hurt.   Good luck.  Let us know.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or, since it's so old, they may be willing to settle for almost nothing.   How about a pay for delete?  I'd offer about 25%.  At this point they dont have much to lose.

Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I noticed a little blurb at the bottom of the CR that stated Chaper 7 Bankruptcy.

Was this debt discharged in a personal BK?  If so, it does not appear to have actually been paid.

I dont know how the HIPAA process is used when the OC was never paid..... but most likely the same, since there would no longer be a permissible collection pupose.

Maybe some HIPAA experts can shed some light.........

Message 9 of 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

DH's credit score (EQ FICO) just went up FORTY POINTS  (YES 40!!) for getting his last collection removed........We are very excited, tho still has BK til 2015....:*(.........

I think if you can get rid of this, have you tried to GOODWILL IT?  I'm not sure disputing is going to get you anywhere if it is reporting correctly. 

Goodluck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.