Not applicable

Re: SOL - 7 Years is here

RobertEG, i appreciate you.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

As for how or when information that is excluded from your credit report can become known, none of the credit report exclusion periods are absolute.

FCRA 605(b) exempts all of the credit report exclusion requirements in conncection with reports requested in regard to consumer initiated requests for credit or insurance in an amount of $150K or more, or for employment purposes where the job has an expected income of $75K or more.

Such reqyests are rare, but can be made.

I have read this in the FCRA, but I wonder does this include application for a mortgage (over150K)? Would it be typical for a mortgage lender to pull this type of 'special' report when applying for a mortgage?

Message 12 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No, it is not typical, but it can happen.  It's actually pretty rare for them to pull a full report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

As for how or when information that is excluded from your credit report can become known, none of the credit report exclusion periods are absolute.

FCRA 605(b) exempts all of the credit report exclusion requirements in conncection with reports requested in regard to consumer initiated requests for credit or insurance in an amount of $150K or more, or for employment purposes where the job has an expected income of $75K or more.

Such reqyests are rare, but can be made.

I have read this in the FCRA, but I wonder does this include application for a mortgage (over150K)? Would it be typical for a mortgage lender to pull this type of 'special' report when applying for a mortgage?

As Shogun says it's possible but I don't recall even one member saying this had happened to them.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies! I have been cleaning up for a while and I am going to try to buy a second home this summer, that is why I asked.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.