cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL, CRA and CA - Help Needed

tag
wildcat23

SOL, CRA and CA - Help Needed

So I have an account that is, I think about 8+ years old that has recently dropped off of all 3 of my credit reports Smiley Happy The thing is, I am still getting contacted by the CA, so my question is how do I go about closing the door on this for good?

From reading other posts, I am thinking I will need to send something directly to the CA?  I don't want them to start reporting it again, obviously so any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: SOL, CRA and CA - Help Needed

CRTP(credit reporting time period) is the time an item is reported on your CR.

There is also a legal time period, that is your states SOL, which is the time a creditor can sue and win

Debts are reported for 7-7 1/2 years from the DOFD. They can not start reporting again after that time.

CA's can still try to collect on a unpaid debt forever or until it's paid.

Check your states SOL, most states are 3 to 6 years but some as high as 10yrs.

There is a drop dead letter or another one called FOAD letter............try google for the letters.

But be careful and check your state laws, you dont want to restart the SOL.

Congrats on the CA's dropping offSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.