Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL, CRTP and leverage for PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL, CRTP and leverage for PFD?

I'm learning a bunch here, and just want to see if my thinking is correct.

I have an item I want to get off my report.

CA is reporting, and DOFD is 7/2003.

CRTP means it will be there until 7/2010 - 1/2011.

SOL is over (phone service which is only two years.)

Despite the recommendation to DV first, I first tried a PFD. I didn't hear anything back, so did a DV. Debt is now verified.

It seems my options are:

1. Pay debt (does that lengthen the CRTP?)

2. Wait ~1.5 years for it to fall off.

3. PFD - my preference.

It would be silly to pay the debt if it will mean it gets reported longer on the CR (not sure on this though.)

It would be immoral to wait for it to fall off (I do owe the debt and want to pay it.)

I would prefer to PFD.

So, I'm thinking I should try a PFD again - but specifically mention that SOL is expired and if they don't agree to a PFD, they won't get anything from me. I'd be very happy to PIF and get this off my report.

I just want to know what the next best option is if they won't agree to PFD.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL, CRTP and leverage for PFD?

wtl wrote:

1. Pay debt (does that lengthen the CRTP?) No

2. Wait ~1.5 years for it to fall off.

3. PFD - my preference.

I would send another PFD via mail. If that don't work, try to find some email addresses and write a convincing letter (not the form letter on here). If that don't work, try planetfeedback.

If none of that works and you are certain this is beyond SOL, you can always mention that it is beyond SOL and will be removed by XX/XXXX, paid or unpaid, as it will be beyond CRTP. All you are asking is that they show you some GW and remove it upon payment in full due to (insert whatever circumstances that caused this or why you haven't paid before).

OR---

Just PIF and then GW.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.