Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL Check...

tag
CanOnlyGetBetter
New Contributor

SOL Check...

Hi everybody!

I haven't posted for a while because I'm just playing the waiting game for my score to come up. 

However, I have a CC I defaulted on and I never had the money to deal with it (yes I just ignored the CA and lucked out that they didn't sue me because the balance was almost $4k).  The DOFD is 8/03.  The OC never reported and the credit services company it went to  fell off my reports last year.  THEN, a couple of days ago, I got a dunnning from a different CA for this account.

The DOFD is 8/03, therefore it is beyond SOL for suit (which would have been 7/10) and beyond CR reporting (which would have 12/10), correct?  I'm in Ohio.  SOL for open accounts is 6 years.  However, there is a statute that will allow creditors to pursue for up to 15 years for larger amounts if there is a signed contract.  Of course, I can't remember if I applied online or if I actually signed an application/contract.

I'm thinking because of the amount owed, I'm just going to leave it alone.  I still don't have the money to deal with it.  I was considering writing them an FOAD letter since it has gone to another CA.  I would think that if I was going to get sued, the credit services company would have filed.

What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Starting Score: TU: 606 EQ: 600
Current Score: TU: 658 EQ: 661
2011 Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.