Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL PA, NY and tolling

tag
sisyphuswins
Contributor

SOL PA, NY and tolling

I've read several conflicting things about the SOL and how it works if you move.

I believe the SOL in Pennsylvania is 4 years.    Is this also the case for medical debt?

If you incurred debt in PA in 2009 and then moved to New York in 2011 and remain in NY, does that mean the SOL tolls until you return to PA?  

My BF has some medical debts from 2009 that we're not sure how to handle.  Most are small, so maybe PFD, but there are a couple in the $700-1000 range.

Also, he has one CC that was charged off, so knowing how tolling works would also help in how to take care of that one as well.

Thanks again!

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: SOL PA, NY and tolling

@sisyphuswins wrote:

I've read several conflicting things about the SOL and how it works if you move.

I believe the SOL in Pennsylvania is 4 years.    Is this also the case for medical debt?

If you incurred debt in PA in 2009 and then moved to New York in 2011 and remain in NY, does that mean the SOL tolls until you return to PA?  

My BF has some medical debts from 2009 that we're not sure how to handle.  Most are small, so maybe PFD, but there are a couple in the $700-1000 range.

Also, he has one CC that was charged off, so knowing how tolling works would also help in how to take care of that one as well.

Thanks again!

Not sure if I remember but the easiest way would be to check SOL in both states usually they'll explain as in where it originated in....IIRC

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.