Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL Question

tag
annm
New Contributor

SOL Question

Is the SOL dependent on the state you lived in when you opened the account or where you  live now? I currently live in a state where the SOL is 2 years longer than the state I lived in at time of the accounts. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SOL Question

@annm wrote:

Is the SOL dependent on the state you lived in when you opened the account or where you  live now? I currently live in a state where the SOL is 2 years longer than the state I lived in at time of the accounts. 

Typically where you live now however if the SOL ran in another state you would use what are called borrowing statutes... A lot of judges dont like other states SOLs in their courtrooms but the borrowing statutes is what gives you power..

Message 2 of 4
annm
New Contributor

thanks gdale Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
polno1234
Contributor

kind of depends. if you lived in a state where the sol was say 3 years and you moved out of that state 4 years from dofd on that account to a state with a 5 year sol it would be an easy defense. however same as above except you moved 2 years from dofd it would get more complicated and harder to defend in court depending on state laws and the judge. do not put it past any ca to attempt whatever is in their best interest.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.