Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL and LVNV funding LLC

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: SOL and LVNV funding LLC

Remember, you can sue anyone for almost anything.  The point is if they sue you, you have a perfect defense (that is a legal term) which is the SOL.  Now if you inform them and they still sue, you can probably countersue for attorney fees and other damages such as FDCPA violations.  Thats why they probably won't sue you.

One thing to note: there have been some cases recently of bottom feeder debt collection companies suing on SOL debts and for some reason in venues that the defendant never found out so they received default judgements and using these judgements as leverage (although you can challenge these as well but it is a hassle).  Or I hear of cases of debt collectors implying a lawsuit and/or judgement is coming for leverage.

In any case, make sure you retain proof of SOL and check your credit report to confirm it isn't on it.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 15
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

This is LVNV so expect anything - IMO this is a bunch of old OOS accounts that they are "throwing crap at a wall to see what sticks". In other words they send a batch of letters on "worthless accounts" and if they get paid for 1%-3% it's like found money. I doubt they'll go very far to try to collect on this account, but as I said in the beginning, it is LVNV. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

These post regarding LVNV/Convergent are really reassuring to me as I recently received a letter regarding a debt that I have no recollection of.  I am sending a DV letter to them to have them validate this debt. Based upon what they claim is the original debt and what they are willing to settle for it seems like if they receive anything they would be happy.  Settlement is only 20% of amount they are claiming is orignal debt.  I do not believe I owe this but I have not proof of anything besides my lack of memory of the account!

Message 13 of 15
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

These post regarding LVNV/Convergent are really reassuring to me as I recently received a letter regarding a debt that I have no recollection of.  I am sending a DV letter to them to have them validate this debt. Based upon what they claim is the original debt and what they are willing to settle for it seems like if they receive anything they would be happy.  Settlement is only 20% of amount they are claiming is orignal debt.  I do not believe I owe this but I have not proof of anything besides my lack of memory of the account!

They just sent me a collection notice on am Ameritech account; a company that ceased to exist in 1999, and the debt was from 1995... the balance was 304 dollars but they will graciously settle for 94 dollars.

Thanks, but no thanks. As RobertEG said, I sent a cease and desist.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 14 of 15
nascarplayer
New Visitor

Hi. Im new at this and just came upon this site today. please tell me what DV letter is and the other definitions are? I received a Debt collection letter from an atty firm regauarding a "debt" for over 12,000 with LVNV funding being the creditor!!! i looked them up and this is what i have been coming across. I don't owe this or them and i did not get any  infor for this debt, date it occured, no ittemized bill, nothing. whats the next step. thanks much for all your help.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.