Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL in Texas for Midland Funding, LLC

tag
StevenRocky
New Visitor

SOL in Texas for Midland Funding, LLC

Hi,

I just read somewhere online that the SOL in Texas is 4 years for collections. Is this true? The OC was Tmobile and last deliquency was around 12/2007. Tmobile isn't reporting to my credit reports anymore however Midland Funding is the current collection company trying to get me to collect. Can I have them deleted from my report(s) due to this SOL or not? I'm confused. I would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: SOL in Texas for Midland Funding, LLC

SOL= statues of limitations...meaning you can't be sued for the debt

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
StevenRocky
New Visitor

OK Great. Thanks. Knowing that now about the SOL in Texas, what does this mean for them reporting to the CA's (credit agency's)? Do they have to remove it? 

Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StevenRocky wrote:

OK Great. Thanks. Knowing that now about the SOL in Texas, what does this mean for them reporting to the CA's (credit agency's)? Do they have to remove it? 

No the timeframe is still 7 years reporting but you just can't be sued for the debt IIRC  

Someone correct me if wrong 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@StevenRocky wrote:

No the timeframe is still 7 years reporting but you just can't be sued for the debt IIRC  

Someone correct me if wrong 

No, you are correct MJ. The statute of limitations just prevents the CA from suing you. However, they can still continue to try and collect veia phone calls and other means. Once the 7 years is up, you should be good to go. Keep in mind though that even if it is off your report, they may still try and collect. This is generally when the bottom-feeder CA's come out of the woodwork. 

Message 5 of 7
StevenRocky
New Visitor

Thanks azguy13! I think I may just  wait out the 7 years which is coming up around 9/2014. Just curious, what about a DV letter? Will this do anything for me? I've read that it  doesn't hurt to try. I know its only a couple more months a way. But I have some things falling off next month, so I'd thought maybe I'd try with Midland. 

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

For a few months I wouldn't risk waking a sleeping giant IMHO

The credit game is all about persistence and patience 

Good credit is a marathon and not a sprint 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.