Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL on Phone Bills?

tag
raine22
Regular Contributor

SOL on Phone Bills?

I have a Paid Collection on my CR reported by CA Pallisades.  It's an old Verizon account for a house phone.  Was curious as to the SOL on this item or is it 7 to 7.5 years as well?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL on Phone Bills?

raine22 wrote:
I have a Paid Collection on my CR reported by CA Pallisades.  It's an old Verizon account for a house phone.  Was curious as to the SOL on this item or is it 7 to 7.5 years as well?

Reporting SOL, referred to as CRTP(credit reporting time period) is 7-7.5 for all accounts sent to collections or charged off.

Legal SOL is what changes based on the type of debt. On paid debts, legal SOL is irrelevant.

So, yes.....it will report 7-7.5 years from DOFD.
Message 2 of 4
hbmcracer
Valued Member

I'm also curious as to this as I have an old phone bill that I never got a final bill on with Verizon and they won't take it off my report.  If it's out of SOL they can no longer collect right?  Should I send a letter saying "hey you can't collect so if you want any money, take it off my report"?
7-24-08 EQ 537
8-20-08 EQ 568
5-13-09 EQ 606
10-18-10 TU 633
12-20-11 TU 671
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

hbmcracer wrote:
I'm also curious as to this as I have an old phone bill that I never got a final bill on with Verizon and they won't take it off my report.  If it's out of SOL they can no longer collect right?  Should I send a letter saying "hey you can't collect so if you want any money, take it off my report"?

If your SOL has expired, Verizon can continue to report for the full length of the CRTP which is 7-7.5 years.

If you are past SOL, they can continue to try to collect too. The only difference is that they cannot successfully sue if you were to defend yourself. But if past SOL, they can continue to try to collect or pass the debt to a CA.

Edit to add....the only way to remove is to offer a PFD. Or talk to them if you feel you don't owe the $$$.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-21-2008 12:05 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.