Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL on retail credit cards? (In GA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL on retail credit cards? (In GA)

I swear, I live in the most confusing state. Georgia has its SOL set up to be 4 years for verbal or open accounts, 6 for promissory/written. Due to a case in 2008, it changed credit cards to be considered promissory/written and extended the SOL to 6 years.

Here is where I'm stuck. Where the heck does a retail line of credit fall into? I have two baddies that I'm working on, one is an for an account I was an AU from 2008 that's showing on two reports (jcpenney retail) and another from 1/2011 that was also retail card for a clothing store showing on all three. Jcpenney is still reporting as owner and a charge off, the other is with a CA that is reporting false payments in 2013. I'm fighting both, but the muddy waters of the SOL make me leery I will see these accounts resurface again.

Any insight out there to my bassackwards state? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SOL on retail credit cards? (In GA)

@Anonymous wrote:

I swear, I live in the most confusing state. Georgia has its SOL set up to be 4 years for verbal or open accounts, 6 for promissory/written. Due to a case in 2008, it changed credit cards to be considered promissory/written and extended the SOL to 6 years.

Here is where I'm stuck. Where the heck does a retail line of credit fall into? I have two baddies that I'm working on, one is an for an account I was an AU from 2008 that's showing on two reports (jcpenney retail) and another from 1/2011 that was also retail card for a clothing store showing on all three. Jcpenney is still reporting as owner and a charge off, the other is with a CA that is reporting false payments in 2013. I'm fighting both, but the muddy waters of the SOL make me leery I will see these accounts resurface again.

Any insight out there to my bassackwards state? 

same as a credit card, and just dispute the AU as not yours and I am not responsible for the debt, if they wont remove it file a CFPB complaint.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.