Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL question regarding an unpaid mortgage

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: SOL question regarding an unpaid mortgage

@starry1 wrote:
They have to send you a dunning notice within 5 days of 1st contact. Courts have agreed that reporting counts as contact.

I guess this is where I'm stuck. I'm trying to come up with a proper DV notice but the one I have is based on the fact they made contact with me and that there is no dunning notice.

Since they violated that, what are my next steps? Sorry for all of the questions but this one is new to me. Thanks! I guess what I'masking is if I were to write a DV letter, how should it be worded.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 11 of 12
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: SOL question regarding an unpaid mortgage

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@starry1 wrote:
They have to send you a dunning notice within 5 days of 1st contact. Courts have agreed that reporting counts as contact.

I guess this is where I'm stuck. I'm trying to come up with a proper DV notice but the one I have is based on the fact they made contact with me and that there is no dunning notice.

Since they violated that, what are my next steps? Sorry for all of the questions but this one is new to me. Thanks! I guess what I'masking is if I were to write a DV letter, how should it be worded.

Just state you saw it in your credit report, that's  good enough.  I've  sent dv's just for ca's sniffing my report.  It works fine.  Also tell them they are already  in violation for not sending a dunning notice.  

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.