Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL question...

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

SOL question...

Hi all! I don't know where to put it,mod put it where it belong if it's no here,
My question is,where does the SOL take place,I mean,if I move for the state I have the debt,which state is where the SOL apply?
Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: SOL question...

Usually it applies to your state of residence, since that is where a lawsuit would be filed against you.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

+1

It's based on where your residence is at the present time. If you aquire a debt in Georgia which has a 4 year SOL on revolving accounts and move to Ohio where SOL is 15 years I believe...you going to need to move somewhere else because they can sue you for up to 15 years..and vice versa...you get a loan in Ohio and say move to a state that has 3 years SOL...you are good.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 3 of 4
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! Smiley Wink And thank you for this forum!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.