Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL

tag
vpanos1787
Valued Member

SOL

Does the actual date of deliquency start day one of your SOL?  My account is has a date of deliquency year of 2006 and Kentucky's SOL is 6 years.
Is this a way to get it off my credit report?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: SOL

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There are two different SOLs.  One commonly referred to as CRTP is how long an item can be included on your CR.  That is 7.5 years from the DoFD and is federally mandated.  The other is your states SOL which only applies to the time someone can bring suit against you.  It has nothing to do with reporting time.

Message 3 of 6
vpanos1787
Valued Member

It is unpaid.

@DaBears wrote:

is it paid or unpaid?

Message 4 of 6
vpanos1787
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

There are two different SOLs.  One commonly referred to as CRTP is how long an item can be included on your CR.  That is 7.5 years from the DoFD and is federally mandated.  The other is your states SOL which only applies to the time someone can bring suit against you.  It has nothing to do with reporting time.

Thank you. I was not aware that there were two.

Message 5 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Unpaid debt does not go away. Paying the old debt can have it removed from your CR if whoever is reporting it agrees for a PFD which is Pay For Delete or you can do a settlement then GW ( Good Will ) letter to have it remove or just wait till it drops off. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.