Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL

tag
vmoore0607
New Contributor

SOL

I'm still confused by the SOL limits and when I read the law, it's like I am reading another language. Can anyone tell me the SOL for debts in Indiana? Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: SOL

It depends on what kind of debt you're talking about. If it's a credit card, the SOL is 6 years. If it's a more traditional written contract (like an auto loan, personal loan, etc.) it's 10 years.

More details here: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/state-statutes-of-limitations-for-old-debts-1.aspx

(Also, just to be clear, I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice - if you're worried about being sued, get thee to an attorney).

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.