Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL

tag
tasha27
New Contributor

SOL

How do I find out when an account is scheduled to fall off of my credit report?

Starting Score: 485
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL

7 years from DOFD. date of first delinquency. An account with DOFD of 12/2003 would come off on 12/2010

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years from DOFD. date of first delinquency. An account with DOFD of 12/2003 would come off on 12/2010

Message 2 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

tasha27 wrote:
How do I find out when an account is scheduled to fall off of my credit report?

This is not SOL. SOL refers to the legal time frame a creditor can sue for your debt. Your above question refers to CRTP and, as mentioned, is 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD.
Message 3 of 11
tommysofly
Established Member

Hello all

Is the DOFD start  when you have DOFD with the OC or the CA? because i have two bad marks on my credit report one with the OC and one with the CA.

and  if i owe 10k in credit card debts all of my credit card account has go into CA..

in texas the SOL time frame is 3 years and it has been passed already, does that mean if wait another 4 1/2 year the bad marks on my credit will  fall off my credit report? or should i still need to pay the CA?

thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tommysofly wrote:

Hello all

Is the DOFD start  when you have DOFD with the OC or the CA? because i have two bad marks on my credit report one with the OC and one with the CA.

and  if i owe 10k in credit card debts all of my credit card account has go into CA..

in texas the SOL time frame is 3 years and it has been passed already, does that mean if wait another 4 1/2 year the bad marks on my credit will  fall off my credit report? or should i still need to pay the CA?

thanks in advance.

DOFD always goes by when the TL first went delinquent with the OC.

Right. If your SOL expired in TX at 3 yrs, and assuming your DOFD(s) were 3 yrs ago, then you have to wait another 4-4.5 yrs before it falls off. If you want it off earlier then there are steps you can take:

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

Message 5 of 11
tommysofly
Established Member

thanks so much llecs

i guess i should just leave it alone and wait for it to fall off

but will the OC and the CA bad marks on my  CR fall off all together too? or just my OC marks?

and after that my credit will start all over agian?

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The OC and the CA should come off at the same time or close to it.

Once these come off due to the 7  - 7.5 years, they cannot be re-entered on your CR.

What do you mean after that your credit will start over again?

Message 7 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tommysofly wrote:

thanks so much llecs

i guess i should just leave it alone and wait for it to fall off

but will the OC and the CA bad marks on my  CR fall off all together too? or just my OC marks?

and after that my credit will start all over agian?

By the 7-7.5 yr mark (CRTP) from DOFD, the CA will have fallen off.

By the 7-7.5 mark from DOFD, the OC will have done one of two things: 1) delete or 2) removed all baddie references and it'll report as a positive account for 3 more years.

ETA....guiness56 types faster

Message 8 of 11
tommysofly
Established Member

thanks guiness56 for the reply.

i mean all the credit card i owed has gone thru CA at almost the same time and it will expired in the next 4 yrs

and within the last 3 years  i wasnt able to apply to get anymore credit card or any loans due to my bad credit.

After the the bad marks has fallen off my credit report, can i start to apply for credit card and rebuilt my credit agian?

or is my credit going to be bad as before and i cannot apply for anymore credit?

my score right now is at the 500 when the bad marks fall off my credit report should the score increase or decrease?

Message 9 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

You might want to consider a secured card right now.  That way, you don't have 0 history when the bad stuff falls off.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.