Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME GUIDANCE PLESE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOME GUIDANCE PLESE!!

Recently WWR started calling my cell about DH owing money and we have not spoke with them.  That lasted about 2 weeks and now a letter was sent providing details. I haven't checked his CR, but OC was only one posting.  It is for an old Cap1 CO that is about 4 years old.  I'm spooked a little because WWR letterhead indicates they are "attorneys", but are also shown on the internet as JDB.  I'm so close to the SOL I don't want to cave in on now and hurt his credit scores.  Should someone be more worried about attorney's acting as CA's?  Northland Group send me quarterly notices for about 2 years before on another debt and I didn't answer their calls and nothing has happened.

We had some financial problems about 4 years ago and I'm 80% sure we paid all of his off, but don't want to wake a sleeping giant unless absolutely necessary.  DH isn't an knowing and patient in riding out these storms we I am, but don't want any problems getting worse either.

I've also ready that when people start improving their situation, which we have, this is when these matters starting coming back to life.  ???

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: SOME GUIDANCE PLESE!!

When was first contact by WWR?

What State do you live in?

You should do some research on 'debt validation'- In other words make them prove that WWR is lawfully entitled to collect this debt.

Don't worry about waking a sleeping giant- It's awake now.

Please check your Messages for more info.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First contact was voicemail on cell phone about a month ago.  A notice via mail about 10 days ago, and today a call to the land line and DH answered and took down some info.  My concern now is that he did "talk" with them, but knowing him it was only the info written down and that I'd be in touch.  I tried to explain to him about validating the debt and that as old as it is, it could start the reporting time over and we don't have $800 to PIF, should we own the debt.  WWR is a legal firm acting as a JDB out of OH and they represent Collect America, not the OC which is for a HSBC CC .  The last CR indicating HSBC still reporting as a CO, but Collect America never reported, at least not in the past year and this isn't 7 years old.

We're IL residents and according to TU the CO is to come off 05/2012 and SOL would be next year sometime.  We've close, but if the phone calls and mail persist DH will not go along with this.

I find it funny that at that time we had 2 CC with them, definitely paid off the one thru Collect America and to this time, never heard, saw and had this reported til now.  Makes me wonder if they would be able to validate.

Please advise your thoughts, much appreciated.

Several years back we paid Collect America off for some credit cards, but at that time I didn't keep the info as I had no idea what and how these situations can turn out.  Since that time we've not received any mail from HSBC or Collect America.  I'm willing to play the game for a while, but since its in DH's name and we've just got his credit to the point we got a Cap 1 CC and an auto loan,I don't want to do the wrong thing.  My credit is just now getting better too and its all thanks to this forum!!!!  

Message 3 of 4
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Im confused- who is WWR collecting for- HSBC or CAP1? The first step is to go to www.annualcredireport.com and find out exacly what is on your reports. This is the free site- don't buy the extras just get the free report- (you are entitled by fedral law to recieve 1 free report a year- this is the place)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.