sparker256
Established Member

SPARKER256's Credit Repair Journal 2014

Figured id do a journal to keep up with everything. So here it goes:

I have the following:

Baddies:

Local bank loan charged off-$2600

Afni inc-$1000 (att cell phone)

Credit Bereau Associates- $105 (2 medical bills)

Positive Accounts:

Several (possibly 4?) installment loans paid in full/ paid as agreed

Car loan im still paying on time, in full, every time

Another installment loan open also paying on time, in full, every time

Revolving Credit:

Capital one secured-$200 limit ( 15 months old) This card spent the last 12 months maxed out until i found myfico.com and paid it down to $10.00 on 01/30/14

Express-$??? ( 02/10/14)

Buckle-$250 (02/10/14)

Sooo exited to have been approved for two new revolving TL's! 

I know its only 2 store cards but i feel good about having two TL's opened up. Gotta start some where right?

Also have 3 30 days late on one of my accounts which i wrote a GW letter to be mailed tomorrow.

10 Hard Pulls- 7 over a year old-3 almost at 2 year mark

My creditkarma score has me at 565. I realize this is a fako score but i know my credit has some issues so im waiting a bit before paying to get "myfico" scores. So with my capital one spending so much time at max UTIL i figure my score should increase a few points by just getting that high balance down. Imagine my surprise when i was pre-appoved for two new store cards. Things are already looking up! 

On my way...slowly...to reaching the 600 club. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Re: SPARKER256's Credit Repair Journal 2014

Keep it up and make sure your inquires are low... When I got my first three card last month my score took a good hit but I know it time my score will come right up. I'm shooting for the 700 club...

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 2 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Just a quick little update

569 TU via creditkarma

565 EQ via quizzle

652 EX via credit.com/credit sesame

scores are all over the place. I pulled all reports and they all report the same so it's kind of odd but these are FAKO's so I'm not gonna hold to much account to them. 

still waiting to receive my express card and buckle card.

still trying to decide how to handle two of my cheapest debts (medical bills thru a local credit bureau) 

since it's local I asked around and people say they're pretty nice and easy to work with but those people also had no idea what a PFD was so I could get a completely different side of them. I think that at least running the idea past them is a good place to start. I won't settle for a paid in full mark.

scores are also a little low bc my util was so high but now that I paid it down to about 5% it should see a little incerase. But then again two new TL could just cancel it out.

only time will tell!

should I try and dispute the medical bills? They're posted on the same day ffrom the same visit. Why would a radiology company bill me two seperate times from the same visit? Why not just put it all on one bill? I'm not doubting the debt just wondering if I got doubled charged by the credit bureau? Opinions?

Message 3 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Well looks like I might have done more harm than good today by contacting my credit bureau. Everything was going so good.  I asked about PFD, CSR stated all i need is your social to verify (who wants to bet there will be a hard pull?)  and we can delete after its paid in full. My adrenaline started pumping with the excitment that i was going to easily have these bills off my report. Then it happened...

CSR: Ok, with the payment of $360 in full we can have these collections deleted. Do you wish to proceed?"

Me: $350!? Only supposed to be $105.00! 

CSR: I show 2 medical bills and an unpaid gym membership (facepalm!!! I completely forgot about this!! Wasnt showing on my credit reports either)

Me: Is there any way I can first pay the two medical bills and have those deleted?

CSR: No sir we would have to have full payment in order to delete.

Me: Ok, thank you for your time.

After feeling majorily disappointed with the fact of not being able to get rid of two debts now i just KNOW theyre gonna add that gym membership to make for another collection account..GRRRRRR just when i thought it was gonna be an easy fix.

Message 4 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

So after a little sadness I decided to just see if the hospital still had record of the account. Being as the xrays were outsourced through another company I had to call a 1-800 number. While on hold an automated voice mentioned a chat system on there website. I was so glad for that since I could print chat logs.

When the CSR finally managed to pull my account she stated I owe $108 which is pretty close to what I was expecting. I asked if I PIF if they could pull the collections back from the credit bureau since they would no longer have permissable cause to own my debt. After a few minutes of my nail biting she came back and stated I could request it in writing and gave me an address to mail it to. Not exactly what I was hoping for but atleast I got an address.

Im sure even if by some chance the CSR at the credit bureau doesn't add the gym to my CR they definitely will when they find out the doctor's office is recalling the debt and asking they remove from my credit report due to not having permissible cause to report. Oh well it was bound to show up eventually. Sure wish I made more money so I could just settle these things faster. Just have to fix this slower than I anticipated. Might even wait until I can PIF to the credit bureau since I got a PFD agreement. 

Feeling a little discouraged

Message 5 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Another disappointment last night. I work night shift so after being up all night it was about 530 am. I'm usually in bed by 6 am but I figured I'd take a look at the forums first.  Got hooked on a discussion about the Discover IT secured card. After finding out that people were offered this after being declined for the unsecured card I figured I would at least get the secured. But as luck would have it...no dice. On either. Instant decline. Called CSR today to speak about the secured card and she stated that you had to get the offer. I called the back door number so that's probably the best answer I'm goin to get. She did tell me it was bc of recent (2 years ago) charge offs from a bank. Seeing as how that's a 3k dollar debt it's going to have to wait a while before I can consider tackling that.  Oh well. Guess ill just run with the cards I have. 

Cant say I didnt know better bc I did. I knew my scores were not good enough I was leaving it to chance of getting the secured offer. I've got to learn better self control.

good news is since I was instant denied it'll probably scare me away from applying to anywhere else any time soon. 

Message 6 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Just a quick update. 

DISCLAIMER: these are FAKO's but IMO if you use the same reference all the time it can give you a good idea of whats going on. 

CreditKarma updated today

TU: 1 new collection added, Credit utilazation down from 108% to 101%. my score went up ten points. 579

The new collection was a B*%! move from the collection agency. Its the same ones who have two medical bills of mine and they decided to update with a new collection on a gym membership that i havnt had in over 2 years. 

Im surprised im up 10. My card is fully paid so once it averages out better in a few months i should look a lot better.

my 2 new cards referenced in first post have not came in the mail yet nor reported yet so with 2 new cards at 0% util it should bump it a little more. 

Starting up the hipaa process on the medical bills.

hmm what else....a new company bought a debt from afni. so afni no longer owns it. it now belongs to I C Systems. (go check out the last few BBB complaints on them..they deleted a lot of accounts in the snap of a finger. maybe ill be so lucky.)

i think thats it for now. Wish me luck. will post when something new happens. 

Message 7 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Shout out to all the men repairing credit and accepting a CC from victoria's secret. 

i say that to reassure myself that it was ok to accept my pre approved offer of 500$ to VS lol

Im sure the girlfriend will enjoy it!

Message 8 of 10
sparker256
Established Member

Been a few months since I updated this so I figured I would post just to help me keep track of this journey.

1. Have not gotten rid of any of my baddies. Money is tight so I'm just making sure I keep any more from reporting.

2. I did get approved for $800 limit on an amazon store card. So now I have as follows: 

A. VS=$500

B. Buckle=$250

C. Express=$250

D. Capital One Sec.=$250

E. Amazon Store Card=$800

My utilization on these cards is only like 12% so I dont have out of control CC debt. 

I honestly feel that's enough cards for now. Just some what disappointed that they're all secured/store cards and the fact I dont have an actual unsecured card.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was attempting to work on my report a few months back but it never happened.. It can be some what difficult to stay motivated in this journey. Especially when you only have approximately $300 extra every month to put towards debts (outside of current bills/debts).  

Will post again when something changes. 

Message 9 of 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Keep up on this journal. People read it and its good for the other members to stay motivated. Its also a good log for you to see your progess. You have enough cards, it just looks like they need some aging. Try not to app for awhile. When your cards are older, then you can aim for an easy no annual fee unsecured card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.