cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT WRONG OPEN DATE and Balanc Due!!!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

SPRINT WRONG OPEN DATE and Balanc Due!!!

Sprint is on my husband's transunion report from Credit Check Total, I don't know if this is real or not! He had a score sense account and I checked his reports there and did not see Sprint!  I also have a copy of his report sent via mail in May and it's not on it either.

I thought when a company sends the debt to a collection agency, they put the balance to $0! It's $1600!!

Anyway, They say date opened FEB 2015 and that's a down right LIE!  We haven't had sprint since January 2014!!  They added a lot of fees to the account because we refused to pay for some charges added to the phone because they weren't ours!  Phone was lost, so whoever found it was responsible for that, but they wouldn't listen and so we had no choice but to break the contract as we couldn't pay it!

Account Number
12083XXXX
Account Type Collection

Date Opened 02/23/2015
Account Status Open
Payment Status Unknown

Status Updated 04/12/2015
Balance $1,601.00
Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SPRINT WRONG OPEN DATE and Balanc Due!!!

@kennerchick wrote:
Sprint is on my husband's transunion report from Credit Check Total, I don't know if this is real or not! He had a score sense account and I checked his reports there and did not see Sprint!  I also have a copy of his report sent via mail in May and it's not on it either.

I thought when a company sends the debt to a collection agency, they put the balance to $0! It's $1600!!

Anyway, They say date opened FEB 2015 and that's a down right LIE!  We haven't had sprint since January 2014!!  They added a lot of fees to the account because we refused to pay for some charges added to the phone because they weren't ours!  Phone was lost, so whoever found it was responsible for that, but they wouldn't listen and so we had no choice but to break the contract as we couldn't pay it!

Account Number
12083XXXX
Account Type Collection

Date Opened 02/23/2015
Account Status Open
Payment Status Unknown

Status Updated 04/12/2015
Balance $1,601.00

They only zero the balance if they SELL the debt. Telecomms and other communications companies do not like to sell off their bad debt, they simply hire CA's to do the dirty work of collecting.

The "date opened" is simply the date it went to collections.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.