Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS: AFNI deleted a CA on my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SUCCESS: AFNI deleted a CA on my CR

I am also trying to PFD, Hopeful5, did you offer the entire amount?
Message 11 of 27
Grape
Regular Contributor

I used the email addy noted above and sent an email from my private email account - did not go through their website.
Message 12 of 27
Grape
Regular Contributor

I have not checked my CRs yet to see if this has actually fallen off the reports. Can anyone advise how long it typically takes for these CAs to be removed once a collection agency agrees to delete? (I dont want to waste $10-15 for nothing). Thanks.
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grape or hopeful5,

I am going to try emailing another CA to try and have something deleted, would you mind sending me the email you sent to AFNI, it appeared to be a very well written email. Thank you!

Message 14 of 27
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

No 50% - was all I offered to pay - they actually offered 50% as per a letter I got from them two months ago that I didn't act on at the time.  So maybe I will try the email if leter doesn't work.
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't you email AFNI and have them remove a paid collection? If so, would you mind sending me the email template? I really need to have this removed
Message 16 of 27
Grape
Regular Contributor

jenc55 - My email was literally 5-6 sentences long. It went something like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,
    My name is _________ and I paid in full a debt that AFNI was collecting on for__________about a year ago. The final payment for the debt was made in __________.
My AFNI account number was: ___________
I am writing to you today to ask if you would kindly consider removing this account from my credit reports. I know this may seem like an odd request, but at the time I incurred this debt I _______________________ I have since had a clean credit report, and this collection account on my credit reports is my main derogatory item. I really appreciate your consideration and thank you very much for your time. 

That was it. Hope that helps.

Message 17 of 27
Grape
Regular Contributor

Can anyone advise how long it typically takes for these CAs to be removed once a collection agency agrees to delete?
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! My problem is; I had a score of 598 and I disputed some Items that on my CR and payed my C balances from 97% used to below 61%. The day I disputed the negative information my score went down to 522 then  the next day it went up 36 points. Bummer because I needed a 620 score and sine 2 of my five disputes has been resolved. I could have gad a 634 EQ score. Now I am trying to figure out why my score went down!!!!!!!

@Grape wrote:

THANK YOU myFICO forums!!!

After reading about success a few people have had on here getting AFNI to delete a CA from your CRA, I emailed them on a whim to ask for it to be deleted and I just recieved a response stating they have gone ahead and done a credit deletion for me!!! Now my one and only CA has been removed!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Message Edited by Grape on 03-23-2009 11:02 AM

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you be able to supply me with the email address you used? I have a collection from them and they are really tough, i called to get information and was pretty much being tied to a chair and force spoon fed to give them a check over the phone. I would appretiate it.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.