Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS: AFNI deleted a CA on my CR

tag
Grape
Regular Contributor

Re: SUCCESS: AFNI deleted a CA on my CR

Tmoore, I used the email addy someone else posted in this post, it is on page 1.

As a little LOL, I see that the collection account has been deleted from my reports and my score DROPPED! Guess it is because I am in a new bucket now....well, at least my report looks cleaner.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i actually drafted up a PFD today and emailed it to the same email address and they denied the request saying all that they will do it update my credit report saying paid in full and they did not offer me any type of a dscount from what i originally owed which was 489.12 . They said that there is no negotiation avaliable with me. Whatever that means. So im glad it worked for you but it didnt work for me, Bummer.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was their actual response:

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your inquiry.  Your Afni Inc. account number is 019618XXX-XX.  The balance on this Sprint account is $489.12.  If the full balance is paid, it would be updated to the credit bureaus as closed and paid in full.  It would not be deleted.  There has been no settlement offered on this account.  Our toll free number is 1-866-857-7193.

Collector Support
Recovery Team │ Receivables Management
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Afni, Inc.
404 Brock Drive
Bloomington, IL 61701
p. 1-866-633-4379
f.  309-820-2682
e. recoveryteam@afni.com

Message 23 of 27
Journey
Regular Contributor

Wait...I emailed AFNI at first for a PFD and they sent me a similar email. DENIED...we want our money and will update your acct as paid in full.

I got discouraged too, then PIF. I waited three weeks then sent a GW deletion request via email. Heard back the very next day that they appreciated my payment and would delete it. Be sure your GW letter is good.

So, there are no guarantees going the route I did, but I took a chance and it worked out for me.

Best wishes on whatever you choose!

Message 24 of 27
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

They denied mine also. I am going to pay my settlement amount on Tuesday and then try a GW letter in a few weeks.  Hopefully they will be nice and remove it Smiley Very Happy

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 25 of 27
cadstar
Valued Member

They denied mine also, I made a full payment about a month ago, and just finished emailing a GW letter. 

I have my fingers crossed, and will let you all know what happens. 

11/02/09 TU 692 EQ(myfico) 657
1/2/10 TU 702 EQ(myfico) 667
4/4/11 TU 745 EQ(myfico) 723
12/23/11 TU 771 EQ (myfico) 745 Trans 709
Gardening Now

1/13/10 TU(myfico) 709 EQ(myfico) 667 EXP PLUS 709

DONT STOP BELIEVING !!!
Message 26 of 27
kiea
Frequent Contributor

There is also a link on their website for disputing debts if you have your account number.  I had two accounts with them.  One was T-Mobile account that I had in 2000 and it showed up on my credit report in September and the other one was from Verizon.  I disputed both accounts on their website.  They verified the Verizon account and they actually send my last bill.  But I don't what happened for some reason it was removed from all 3 reports.  They couldn't verify the T-Mobile account so they send me a letter stated that they will remove it from my reports.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.