Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS: BOFA Agrees to remove 30-day late - ACTUAL LETTER

tag
Charlington
Established Member

SUCCESS: BOFA Agrees to remove 30-day late - ACTUAL LETTER

My GW letter worked. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for the good advise. BOFA has agreed to

remove a 30-day late on my account. Sweeeeeeeet... 

This is the response from them today:

bofaletter

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: SUCCESS: BOFA Agrees to remove 30-day late - ACTUAL LETTER

You realize that a GW from BofA is like winning a 100 million Mega-Million Lotto jackpot.  Great news.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
NinComPoop
Contributor

Congratulations! That's awesome that they removed your 30 day. Can you post the wording of your GW Letter?
Message 3 of 7
Charlington
Established Member

Sure. here is the original GW letter verbatim:

My Name
My Address

Date

Bank of America

Customer Satisfaction Dept.
PO Box 15128

Wilmington, DE 19850-5128

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Platinum Plus Visa No. ****************

I have been a Bank Of America customer since 2001 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with Bank Of America greatly. I am writing to kindly request that you PLEASE to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have a late payment on my Platinum Plus account that dates back to January 2008. Other than that one incident I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time.

Because of my exceptional payment history, I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report. At the time of the late payment, I was in the process of transitioning to a new job. This single late payment is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I ask that you please work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I’m in the process of getting ready to purchase my first home. I would really like to fulfill my dream of owning my own home.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with BoA. You have been exceptional to me so far and I highly recommend you to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will consider my request and prove once again, that you are a cut above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sincerely,

My Name.

My Signature.

Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!  If I had the time, I would demand to have an inquiry for a HELOC removed from my EX report.  I don't own a home.   That bugged me when I was cleaning up my credit. 
Message 5 of 7
Tamishad
New Visitor

Hello, I was just wondering if they sent you a notice saying that they were removing it or if you just had to check your credit score again. About how long did it take? I'm about to send one to them as well.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

This post is very old, from 2009. Looks like the last time OP signed in was in 2012... I doubt you're going to get an answer. Smiley Sad

I would say the SOL on this post is up.... lol. *awkward laughter*

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.