Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS - CO deleted with GW Letter to CCS/Bryant State Bank

tag
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

SUCCESS - CO deleted with GW Letter to CCS/Bryant State Bank

I had a CO with CCS/Bryant State Bank from Sep 2008.  I knew it would hit the 7-year mark soon, so I sent a GW letter to see if I could get an early deletion.  Well it worked and I was able to get a 6 pt increase on EQ and a 15 pt increase on TU!  My EXP went down 3 pts, which I believe is due to the evil folks at MIDLAND.  I sent them a GW letter to remove a TL on EXP that is due to fall off in frigging Dec.  Instead of being cool, they said no plus updated the item as paid.  It hadn't been updated since 2012, so I know I lost some points there.  Anyway, I'm happy about Bryant State Bank.  Plus I am still waiting for my Maryland state lien to be vacated (they said it should be about 10-30 days on 3/23), and I am crossing my fingers with Jefferson Capital on an old collection due to come off around Nov/Dec that I settled in 2010.

I think, from here, I will deal directly with the CRAs for the early deletion.  I'll send my 1st letter in Sep.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: SUCCESS - CO deleted with GW Letter to CCS/Bryant State Bank

Congrats!

And yes, I think it is better to deal with the CRA's when it comes to early exclusion then dealing directly with the OC/CA in my experience at least.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dursty87 wrote:

Congrats!

And yes, I think it is better to deal with the CRA's when it comes to early exclusion then dealing directly with the OC/CA in my experience at least.

Agreed,  The Early exclusion is basically a GW request to the CRA the reporting creditor is not notified nor involved in the decision.

Message 3 of 4
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

I hadn't realized that the CRA's would be the better way to go, especially with an old TL. You all are so helpful. Thank you.

BTW, I picked up 6 points this morning from EXP!!! They may have been slow to update.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.