cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
hotmeg
New Contributor

SUCCESS WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if i picked the right day to send the dispute through email but i sent it based on information i found on here and I just want to thank you guys!!! all the valuable information really comes in handy.  It wont work if you dont try!!! I got a response back from afni saying the account was reviewed and will be closed!!! It was my debt and the only thing I disputed was the status of 120+days past due!! I sent it 2 days ago from my work email and they responded today!! THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!!!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SUCCESS WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congratulations! Was there a remaining balance on it???? That's crazy!
Message 3 of 16
hotmeg
New Contributor

yes there was a balance of 368 on the ca account but i sent the letter in general to afni so i guess someone decided to be nice, but i have 3 accts with them same issues of being reported as installment, 1 month, open 120 days past due and they are years old.  So another round of letters to see what happens????? thank you guys for congrats!

Message 4 of 16
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

What email address did you use?  I have been sending them emails for the past week and have not gotten any response.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting ready to dispute the exact same thing except mine is completely paid.

It was 25 silly dollars, years ago and I paid it the day it got sent to collections - literally. They said it was just bad timing. I'm trying to get them to remove it..

Problem is the account number on the one credit report it shows up on is half X'd out and it is also being reported as 120+ days past due instead of paid.

Maybe this will work for me too!

Message 6 of 16
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

I have the same thing with AFNI and they are reporting it as +120 days late.

Can you PM me the letter you sent AFNI?

I've sent them DV a month ago and they have not responded and is still reporting monthly on my CR..

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 7 of 16
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received an email from Afni, and they are deleting this from my report.    YEAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy  

2 baddies left with lates.  have been sending GW's and still no positive response.  Anyone have an email for Cap One?

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
kelright21
Established Member

Re: UPDATE WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had your luck. AFNI has two accounts on my credit report from verizon. Sent DV letter 2 weeks ago, with no response yet. These accounts are not mine, and I told them it was identity theft and would appreciate if they could help me find the culprit with a cancelled check or credit card used with the accunt, and they told me that they don't actually have payment records, and that I am liable. I just can't seem to get them to budge.
Message 9 of 16
thegoat

Re: UPDATE WITH ONLINE AFNI DISPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

could you PM me the email address you used please! I sent a letter a few weeks ago but no response i would like to email them to see if i have any luck that way. THANK YOU!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.