cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS getting student loan lates removed!

tag
sdilley14
New Contributor

Re: SUCCESS getting student loan lates removed!

Responded.  Hopefully everyone else can experience the same success!

Starting Score: TU:437 (2009)
Current Score: TU:659 (06/2012) / 647 (11/2011)
Goal Score: TU:720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 53
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

That's great news! I wish I could have the same result with Nelnet! I am going through the same situation (minus the bad accident)-unfortunately, can't seem to get the same results.
Message 12 of 53
honky
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I think the bad accident is what helped push this along.  I experienced similar results due to a death in the family.  I had very little luck on the front end with snail mail, email, or phone calls...but had great success with both accounts that I emailed executives.  Actually, I am 2 of 2 in that department. 

All I can recomend is to be honest, admit mistakes, and email the people at the top! 

Congrats on the removal!!!!!  I read all over that student loans, and more importantly GL, was a tough cookie to crack!  It's an amazing feeling isnt it?  You HOPED it would work, but sure didnt expect much I bet!

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 13 of 53
sdilley14
New Contributor

^^^ That's pretty much it right there...you need to do some research and get crafty and find/figure out the email addresses of top level executives/owners and get your story in front of them, that method seems to yield the best results.  In my experience with trying to contact a number of different creditors, "general" snail mail just post marked to the company that you're dealing with, even if it is made Attn: to a specific dept, is almost entirely useless.

Starting Score: TU:437 (2009)
Current Score: TU:659 (06/2012) / 647 (11/2011)
Goal Score: TU:720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please pm the contact information?  Thank you in advance!

Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im looking to get some derogotory information removed by great lakes. Can you please email me the email addresses of those you emailed. I would greatly appreciate it

Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

could u help me out i need them off my credit as well....i would like to know if you could give me the emails or some sort of contact info you used to get ahold of these people. i really need to get this off my credit befre they start to hold my txes to repay it

any help would be highly appreciated

Message 17 of 53
gutero
Established Member

Can you post some of the contact info you found? Or does it have to be PMed?
3/2017 Scores: 511 - TU...505 - EQ...509 - EX
---6-month Goal---
600 across the board
---Long-term Goal---
760 across the board

Cards: Cap 1 Secured: $300, OpenSky Secrued: $300
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!! I'm glad you experienced success with the GL. I am going through a similar situation in trying to get my late notices removed. Could you PM me the email for the executives and Ombudsman's office?

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Your thread gives me some hope to a very smiliar that I have. Is there any way I can also get the email addresses of the executives you contacted at great lakes? 

Thanks so much and congrats, though I know it's been almost a year. =) 

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.