cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS getting student loan lates removed!

tag
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Re: SUCCESS getting student loan lates removed!

Can you pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseee send me the email address!!!!!
Message 21 of 53
backtogood
New Contributor

if someone with email contact information for Great Lakes could please PM what they have that would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy thanks in advance

Message 22 of 53
hlakam

I read your success story a few months ago, and I went about trying to have 3 lines of late payments of 180 days removed from my CR.  It wasn't easy, but it appears I have finally succeded! I just talked to 3 different people at Direct Loans and they told me that they have submitted requests to all 3 CRAs as of March 20 (Yes, I have asked for it in writing, which I am told I will have in 7-10 days).  My credit score was in the low 700s before all of this, and with the 3 deragotory enteries it plummeted to high 500s.  The late payments occured from mid to late 2012.

How long did it take for the CRAs to remove the deragotory enteries from your report?  How much did it improve your credit score?

Lots of thanks to you for letting me know of options that I didn't even know were available to me!

Live and learn!

Message 23 of 53
mjgiannitti

Awesome news I am in the same boat now unfortunately Smiley Sad can someone please message me the emails of the people to contact so I can get this issue resolved as well! The CEP, VP, and whoever else needed.
Message 24 of 53
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats!  That's HUGE!  Would someone mind sending me any and all email addy's as well, please?  I can't tell you how much this would help me! 

Thanks so much in advance!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 53
exleyfam

@sdilley14 wrote:

I have finally gotten a little bit of success in this whole credit repair process.  After sending a couple GW letters to Great Lakes Higher Education and promptly getting rejected, I did some research, found the email address of the CEO, COO, and the ombudsman office, emailed all of them, and I just now received the following response to my letter...

RE: Student Loan Late Payments - Acct. XXXXX
Message Redirected by Tumbleweed EMF.

Original Recipients:
To: "'Shane XXXXXCc:

Shane,

I wanted to let you know that on March 23, 2012, we instructed all three Credit Reporting Agencies to remove all of our (Great Lakes) adverse credit reporting for lender number 824XXX (Citibank N.A.).

Thank you for contacting us and for giving us an opportunity to assist you. Should you require additional assistance, please contact us at 866 486 XXXX.

Sincerely,
Todd XXXX

Associate Ombudsman

Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:24 PM
To: ombudsman
Subject: Student Loan Late Payments - Acct. XXXXXX

Greetings,

I am writing you as I have already written several letters and I feel that I am starting to exhaust every avenue available to me.

I will get directly to the point. I have a student loan that was opened through GLHEC/Citibank that I opened in 02/2007 (account #XXXXX). That loan was closed in 02/2011 as I was able to get all of my student loans refinanced. However, I have a number of late payments that are showing up on my credit report from this loan. These late payments occurred because I was in a bad car accident in 2007 in which I broke my neck. As a result, I was forced to leave school. At the time I was completely unaware and was never educated on when these student loans came out of deferment, and I was never counseled on the options to keep the loan in deferment/forbearance while I recovered from my injury and started working enough to make the payments. After several months of going back and fourth with the collections department, I finally discovered the option to put the loan into forbearance. While the loan was in forbearance I was able to get a full time job and now that the loan is out of forbearance I have set up automatic payments and have been paying back the loan as originally agreed.

I am not disputing the fact that these payments were late. I am simply writing this letter in hopes of receiving a good will gesture from GLHEC. I have worked extremely hard to get back on my feet and repair my credit. I am at a point now where I am attempting to buy a house. Having these late payments on my credit report is making it very difficult for me to get financing for a home. As I said, I understand why these late payments are reporting, but I do not feel that they truly reflect my credit worthiness and my true payment pattern. Things would have been much different if I had been counseled and made aware of my repayment options when the loan came out of deferment.

I am asking, as a good will gesture, that these late payments please be removed from all three credit bureaus. I have taken the time to educate myself on how to avoid this from happening in the future, I have taken responsibility, and I have worked extremely hard at bringing all of my loans current and keeping up a steady pattern of positive payments. I know a lot of borrowers have struggled immensely at making timely payments and settling on fair repayment agreements with lenders over the last few years, and I would like to think that I am in the minority of people who have taken the time and effort to straighten my situation out with little to no help from anyone but myself. Hopefully my efforts will be rewarded and you can see fit to remove these late payments from the three credit reports.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

SO glad to finally have these late payments removed.  I'm very curious to see how they will impact my score.  Granted, they occured back in 2007-2008, but there were at least 6-7 of them reporting and they were 90-120 days behind. :/

It's just nice to finally win one and be rewarded for the effort I've put in trying to get my credit repaired.

I just "borrowed" your letter and tweaked it with my info to send to Sallie Mae! Maybe they will be as accomodating as your creditor!

Fingers crossed

4/23/2013 TU FAKO (CK) 610
4/26/2013 TU (Pulled by car dealer) 569
4/29/2013 EX FAKO (CreditSesame) 610
Message 26 of 53
Hrhr11
New Visitor

Hi, thx so much for the information! I'm wondering if you still had and can share the email addresses. My loan was on deferment and I got not warning and it went to default. I am trying to contact them but they won't speak with me. If you still had the info it would be much appreciated.
Message 27 of 53
Nray23

Anyone still have the contact info? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Message 28 of 53
jaester
New Visitor

I would also like the information forwarded to me as well. Thank you!
Message 29 of 53
GirlonaMission

Can I please receive that contact info via PM as well! Congrats on the success!
Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.