Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESSFUL TAX LIEN DELETION-BUT QUESTION

tag
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

SUCCESSFUL TAX LIEN DELETION-BUT QUESTION

Earlier this year I paid off two delinquent NYS tax liens.  The amount that I actually paid on each of them was not the amount that was reported.  (There was no settlement...it was just late filing fees for some unfiled business taxes.)  The amount indicated on my reports included penalties, late fees, etc.  I disputed this with the bureaus.  They verified.  I went ahead and paid both liens and disputed again.  TU deleted immediately.  EX and EQ verified.  I then requested a Certificate of Disposition from my county clerk's office and two weeks ago I faxed copies of that to EQ and EX.  This past Saturday (9/17) I then mailed a copy of exactly what I faxed to both EQ and EX.  On Monday I received an updated report from EQ indicating that they had validated both liens (even though that wasn't my intention) and in today's mail I received an updated report from EX that they had deleted both liens!  So I'm ecstatic about that.  I'm worried because I know the correspondence that I received from EQ and EX were in response to my faxes from two weeks ago.  Do you think when EQ receives the letter that I mailed that they it will cause confusion and cause them to add the liens back to my report? I know this is a weird line of thought but those liens dragged my score to the ground and I am happy to have them removed (albeit only from two reports, it's still a victory in my opinion).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: SUCCESSFUL TAX LIEN DELETION-BUT QUESTION

Bump.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the deletions!  I hope someone here has answers for you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the deletions!  

I haven't had any luck getting my paid tax judgement  removed yet.  What exactly is a Certificate of Disposition?  I've faxed them a Satisfaction of Judgement but they all just verified it.   Can you also send me the fax numbers you used?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.