Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCH an idiot!

tag
RedHead1
Valued Member

SUCH an idiot!

I'm SUCH an idiot! I got served a summons to appear in court for a JC Penney/Portfolio Recovery debt. In a panic, I called and arranged a payment. I had a tiny bit of coherence and remembered to ask for the arrangements in writing. What I didn't THINK about was that I gave them my routing and bank account information!!! What can I do now? I told them that I would be sending the second payment by check, but what do I do about this place having my information. Please help...

Starting Score: 464 October 2012
Current Score: 544 (+80 points whoo hoo!)
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: SUCH an idiot!

Technically, they cannot do an autodraft unless you approved it.  Did you?

Message 2 of 6
RedHead1
Valued Member

I approved the one-time payment of half the settlement. I clearly stated twice that only THAT amount would be removed and that I would be sending a check for the remainder.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Call your bank and tell them your concern and ask if there is anything they can do, now, to prevent them from taking money you didn't authorize.

Message 4 of 6
RedHead1
Valued Member

Just talked to my bank. WHOO HOO!! Thank you! They said that, once the initial payment goes through, they can put a stop payment on any future debits made by that mechant! OR they I can file an "unauthorized use" if they take money out and get it all back.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.