Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW Alert not on any 3 CRs

tag
Armbar9
Established Member

SW Alert not on any 3 CRs

Thanks for the help. I posted this on the Myfico products page, but figured I would get a faster response here.

I signed up yesterday for Scorewatch. I also pulled my Ex & Tu report from the free annual provider. Today I recieved an alert that my score has dropped 13 points because my balance has increased on an account I have never seen before and is not on any of the 3 CR I pulled yesterday. I also use CreditKarma and I have not noticed an unexpected change in that score. The SW Alert is at the bottom of post.

How should I handle this? It is not on any of the CRs I pulled just YESTERDAY? Is it a SW problem?

Thanks again. This forum has been a huge help as I try to clean up my credit!

2 of your accounts reported balance increases
WFFNB/VS
(XXXXX7473)
New balance: $31
Account opened: 1/2011
Description: Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

WFFNB/VS
(XXXXX7473)
New balance: $31
Account opened: 1/2011
Description: Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Re: SW Alert not on any 3 CRs

I have noticed my wffnb accounts report twice on score watch and on ck when I use it. 

Do you have a victoria's secret account? Because that's what this is. 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 2 of 10
Armbar9
Established Member

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a VS account or any CC with WFNNB. It's not my account.

My issue is that I don't know what my next step should be since this wasn't on of my credit reports yesterday. 

Any ideas what my next step should be?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 10
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Monitor your accounts to make sure vs doesn't show up.

Call vs and make sure someone hasn't taken out an account in your name. 

This could just be an aberration. 

Message 4 of 10
Armbar9
Established Member

I just got off the phone with wffnbvs. It seems someone is using my social security number for an account. The CSR stated she believed it was a typo and not fraud since the account has been in good standing since 1/2011 and the account is being paid every month.

This is my problem.

She is asking for me to send proof of identification and copy of social security number. She wanted me to fax it in. I expressed my concern of just sending my info out and she said I could mail it if I like. 

For proving my identity, is there any other way to do this? I can't drive to OH. Should I just fax the info?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

*lol* Or you could just let it keep reporting since it appears to be positive. *g*

Seriously, if it were me, I'd mail it, but hopefully someone more informed than I will come along and lead you in the right direction. : )

Message 6 of 10
Armbar9
Established Member

Actually, since it is a newer account it is lowering my average age of accounts and dropping my score.

I went to the .gov website on ID theft and found the process. As expected it is quite long and tedious. The quick fix would be just to send in the fax. They already have my info.

any other ideas?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Faxing, in and of itself, should be fairly secure.  One other option would be to create a secure PDF file.  You could print your ID and SS# to a PDF file, then use http://free-pdf-tools.org/encrypt-pdf or download a free or trail PDF encryption tool and e-mail said encrypted PDF.  Contact the person whom you spoke with, ask for his/her company e-mail address, send the PDF file, then give the password to him/her over the phone.  At least you would know that only that person should be the only one who sees it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW... I meant trial, not trail...

Message 9 of 10
Armbar9
Established Member

Thanks for the reply.

I think I will look into scanning and emailing it. Great Idea. That way I know she gets it. I am usually not this paranoid, but once you start working on your credit, you realize every little thing can come back later down the road.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.