Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCHRONY Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SYNCHRONY Help

Hello; 

I am in the process of joining the military, but the only thing stopping me is my credit in collections. I had my identity stolen by my mother when she left years ago, and she had a wal mart card account that got passed to Synchrony. I need to pay the settlement and send a letter to my recruiter from them saying the settlement has been payed and the account is no longer in collections. But they said once i pay them, it takes 15 DAYS to secure the payment and THEN they will send me a letter that will take another 10 DAYS to arrive. I dont accept that it should take this long, not to mention I need to get these letters to my recruiter ASAP. Please advise on how to proceed. They keep giving me the run around, and i am worried that once i pay they will forget about this whole thing and not send a letter. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SYNCHRONY Help

BUMP

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello; 

I am in the process of joining the military, but the only thing stopping me is my credit in collections. I had my identity stolen by my mother when she left years ago, and she had a wal mart card account that got passed to Synchrony. I need to pay the settlement and send a letter to my recruiter from them saying the settlement has been payed and the account is no longer in collections. But they said once i pay them, it takes 15 DAYS to secure the payment and THEN they will send me a letter that will take another 10 DAYS to arrive. I dont accept that it should take this long, not to mention I need to get these letters to my recruiter ASAP. Please advise on how to proceed. They keep giving me the run around, and i am worried that once i pay they will forget about this whole thing and not send a letter. Thank you. 

You are NOT responsible for that account. Do NOT accept responsibility for it. Get it removed from your reports within a few days using FCRA 605B (ID Theft Provision).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUmp

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 6 of 7
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Why are you paying this at all? Dispute it with the credit bureaus as a victim of fraud. You may have to file a police report about it. Tell the military the truth about the situation instead of trying to take responsibility for something you didn't do.

As for how long it takes Synchrony to clear the debt, that's an internal issue and there's nothing you can do to speed it up. You could pay by check and once the check clears your bank, you can show that as proof to the recruiter that it's been paid. Make sure you send the payment via certified mail and keep the tracking number for your records. You can also show this to the recruiter along with the cashed check. The sooner you do it, the sooner it will get done.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.