cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sailing along beautifully, then took one right in the belly..Advice greatly appreciated!

tag
sdroskie

Sailing along beautifully, then took one right in the belly..Advice greatly appreciated!

Smiley EmbarassedFirst...  A HUGE thank you to everyone here that offers their time and teachings.  I am about 3 months old on this site and would like to share YOUR successes.  I started reviewing myFICO in about October 2013 with scores of TU 523, EQ 568, EX 582; now with a FICO of 661!!!! All from the advice I received by reviewing your posts.

Then...."we" blew it Smiley Sad.  I had an unpaid Sprint bill from last July as we switched carriers of about $850 including all the LC's.  I knew about it, but didn't think to pay it.  All caught up in keeping all my monthly's paid on time. 

It was just turned over to Allied Collection (shows Allied on EX and EQ, Sprint on TU).  Torpedoed my score back down to 623. 

I've read the posts regarding PFD and this seems like the best path.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with this CA.  Any advise, as always, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again Everyone!

Scott

Scott
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Sailing along beautifully, then took one right in the belly..Advice greatly appreciated!

@sdroskie wrote:

Smiley EmbarassedFirst...  A HUGE thank you to everyone here that offers their time and teachings.  I am about 3 months old on this site and would like to share YOUR successes.  I started reviewing myFICO in about October 2013 with scores of TU 523, EQ 568, EX 582; now with a FICO of 661!!!! All from the advice I received by reviewing your posts.

Then...."we" blew it Smiley Sad.  I had an unpaid Sprint bill from last July as we switched carriers of about $850 including all the LC's.  I knew about it, but didn't think to pay it.  All caught up in keeping all my monthly's paid on time. 

It was just turned over to Allied Collection (shows Allied on EX and EQ, Sprint on TU).  Torpedoed my score back down to 623. 

I've read the posts regarding PFD and this seems like the best path.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with this CA.  Any advise, as always, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again Everyone!

Scott

Ouch. I don't have any advice that would help with that company unfortunately,  but you might be able to do a search for that company name on this site. Good luck to you and the PFD is your best option. You can also try to see if you can pay Sprint directly if they'll agree to pull it out of collections and delete the tradeline.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Sailing along beautifully, then took one right in the belly..Advice greatly appreciated!

Sprint will accept payment. you may have to speak with a supervisor...but they'll do it. also..if they've turned it over to a CA sprint should be reporting a charge off with 0 balance i believe.
Message 3 of 4
sdroskie

Thanks.  I'll do that tomorrow.

Scott
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.