Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks Fifth Store Card

tag
schrute
Contributor

Saks Fifth Store Card

I have the Saks Fifth Store Card which recently changed to CapOne. I got it about a year ago for something I purchased but never used it. Two weeks ago, Saks sent me a new card for CapOne. I've never used it. It isn't reporting on my CR... should I ignore this or try to get it to report (it would of been open for 1 year now).

My credit profile:

AAoA: 7 years

Cards: NFCU ($10K), SDFCU ($20K)

Loans: Student loans, lots and make up the bulk of my long credit history

Utilization: 2%

Inquiries: 1 on EX, 3 on TU, 1 on EQ

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Saks Fifth Store Card

If you use the card it will report.  If you don't use the card you run the risk of it being cancelled due to inactivity. 

Message 2 of 7
schrute
Contributor

Would it be in my interest to start having it report given my credit profile? An extra card, hit on AAoA.

Does this help my mix of credit?

Message 3 of 7
schrute
Contributor

Any other thoughts? Should I try to get this card reporting?

Message 4 of 7
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

what is the CL on the card.  you have 2 very nice CL there with the 2 cards you have.  i don't know if store cards are rated differently in the account mix then CC.   either way I think some depends on the CL of the card.  a low 500 isn't going to be a big deal with your other 2 CL's.  But that is just my opinion.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 5 of 7
schrute
Contributor

Its low, but I'm not sure.. its under $2K but I think it could be above 800

Message 6 of 7
schrute
Contributor

Worth trying to get or keep the card reporting?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.