Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Denial of GW letter

tag
Bri89
Valued Member

Sallie Mae Denial of GW letter

Ok so I received a letter in the mail yesterday from Saliie Mae basically saying they will not remove any of the derogs from my CR. Smiley Sad That's a huge bummer because most of my "baddies" are from them and it would have been a huge help to my credit score.

Anyways I am going to be as persistant as possible. So here's my questions:

-How long should I wait in between GW letters?

-Also can I keep sending the same one or should I write a sappy one...lol, (my first one was very professional and to the point-no excuses) not but truthfully I was so completely uneducated about student loans when I got these loans. I didn't even know I had student loans-I was pressured when I was 18 by a University of Phoenix guy to start school and get "financial assistance" which I thought was a pell grant that (I didn't have to pay back) for at least 3 years. To top it off I was financially struggling at that age and moved sooo much that I didn't even get any correspondence from them. BUT the question is should I write this in my GW?

Not trying to play the victim but in a way I was taken for whirl with all of this. A $10,000 dollar whirl Smiley Sad 

Wasn't until years late I started to get into my credit stuff and realized all these derogs from them. I am so upset for not paying better attention! Anyhow they say persistence is key with GW letters so that's what I am doing. Advice would be much appreciate!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
iwannapool
Established Member

Re: Sallie Mae Denial of GW letter

I'm a newbie and can't answer your question, but I will say that MANY of these university are almost nothing but a scam. They absolutely pressure students into borrowing and target people who are young and ignorant (no offense, LOL!). I know of several who tell athletes they are getting some kind of full ride when in reality they are borrowing THOUSANDS, and these are just kids who have stars in their eyes and want to play ball...some of whom can barely read and write. And then there are others who tell people they will make six figures when in reality their degree won't be worth the paper it's written on in the real world.

Sorry for the rant, just a pet peeve of mine

Message 2 of 3
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Denial of GW letter

I too have a sallie mae issue with a forebearence showing 10 lates 120 plus on my bureau that's killing me and I've talked to customer advocates and everything to no avail...I would keep resending the same one as a different person may get it and have some sympathy to remove them...thats what I'm doing anyway...goodluck

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.