cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae, How do I go about getting history deleted?

tag
thisisme5650

Sallie Mae, How do I go about getting history deleted?

Hi, I have 6 accounts with Sallie Mae. I have a family now and and have to work for the time being am no longer going to school. I have always requested that my accounts be in defferment since I stopped going to school, but for some reason my credit reports have many 30, 60, 90, and 120 days late on each account. The accounts are showing current presently but all those lates on my history is killing my score. I would really appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
korunner
Established Member

Re: Sallie Mae, How do I go about getting history deleted?

i signed up for auto debit of my loan to get it "current" next, just last tuesday i sent a hand written letter asking them to update my payment history with a clear and personal explanation as to why i was late. for me, i had asked repeatedly for hardship deferment, etc and they ignored. i pointed this out to them and stated i had made payments as i could, just not the full amount (this was to show i was not completely ignoring the debt--i just could not pay in full). i am awaiting a response. i am not super confident they will update and remove the lates but i figured it was worth a try. i will update. 

Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae is extremely tough, but it can get done. 

You will have to get in contact with a customer service representative, who will more than likely tell you to send off a letter of what's reporting on your credit reports and a letter stating what you need to get done. That process itself will take 30 days and if they decide to update your reports, that can take another 30 days. I had to deal with Sallie Mae back to back to back to back to get them to budge, but I did NOT stop. 

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
thisisme5650

Thanks Whitneyy! I am in the process of writing the letter and hope they grant my request.

What did you do or say to get them to finally budge?

Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Basically that I rehabbed my loans, and now I'm in a better place in my life that I will stay on top of bills that are due and etc.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.