Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been so long I don't remember if it was a government back loan. I want to say it wasn't but I can't be 100% sure.

Through CCT, it is showing all the missed/late payments when the loan was active. At this point, I'm affraid to wake a sleeping giant if I start poking it with removal letters. Do you think it's in my best interest to let it be and let it fall off whenever it falls off?

The first one appears to be paid. I would call the CRA's and request that since it was paid as agreed, any derogatory payment history older than 7 years should be excluded from your reports. I know SL's have different exclusion periods, and I do not know the specifics, but they may go for that.

I would dispute the status on the second item you listed, tell them it should be showing paid as agreed and any derogatory payment history older than 7 years should be excluded.

That's the thing though, the loan wasn't "paid as agreed". I believe they sold the debt to a third party. Which makes me cautious about poking around. This one make me anxious.

Well, regardless of any payment on your part - it has been reported "paid as agreed" and the 7 year limit applies. TU and EQ should have excluded this item already. The relevant statutes are 20 U.S.C. 1080a(f) and 20 U.S.C. 1087cc(c)(3).

Well, after reading that I feel a little more at ease. How should I go about getting these tradelines deleted off all three reports? Send a certified letter? Should I call each CRA?

I would suggest calling.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been so long I don't remember if it was a government back loan. I want to say it wasn't but I can't be 100% sure.

Through CCT, it is showing all the missed/late payments when the loan was active. At this point, I'm affraid to wake a sleeping giant if I start poking it with removal letters. Do you think it's in my best interest to let it be and let it fall off whenever it falls off?

The first one appears to be paid. I would call the CRA's and request that since it was paid as agreed, any derogatory payment history older than 7 years should be excluded from your reports. I know SL's have different exclusion periods, and I do not know the specifics, but they may go for that.

I would dispute the status on the second item you listed, tell them it should be showing paid as agreed and any derogatory payment history older than 7 years should be excluded.

That's the thing though, the loan wasn't "paid as agreed". I believe they sold the debt to a third party. Which makes me cautious about poking around. This one make me anxious.

Well, regardless of any payment on your part - it has been reported "paid as agreed" and the 7 year limit applies. TU and EQ should have excluded this item already. The relevant statutes are 20 U.S.C. 1080a(f) and 20 U.S.C. 1087cc(c)(3).

Well, after reading that I feel a little more at ease. How should I go about getting these tradelines deleted off all three reports? Send a certified letter? Should I call each CRA?

I would suggest calling.

Well I called and the rep told me it's not going to fall off until February of 2017. Student Loan = 10 years.

I guess that's that

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.