cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae (Navient) Interest Rate Reduction Program reviews???

tag
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Sallie Mae (Navient) Interest Rate Reduction Program reviews???

I have 3 charged off Sallie Mae loans from about 4 years ago. around $22k total they report as charged off every month and i have not paid them. I recently started working and money is more steady and i was offered the interest rate reduction program to get back on track. I was told to pay $1000 down and going forward my payments would be $110 per month. After the 3rd month the interest rates will then drop to .001% and Sallie Mae would change my status to "paid as agreed". I signed up made the DP and waiting for the $110 to start. Has anybody been in the program before? do they really keep their word and change the status? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae (Navient) Interest Rate Reduction Program reviews???

Are these private or federal student loans.  I can't speak for the federal loans but for the private loans, they'll update your account to current and show "paid as agreed" but any prior negative payment history they will not go back update. 

Message 2 of 3
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae (Navient) Interest Rate Reduction Program reviews???

Private loans - but that's good to know paid as agreed is way better than charge off I'm sure and will look better to the mortgage company
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.