cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae/Navient PRIVATE student loan settlements/PFD/GW success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae/Navient PRIVATE student loan settlements/PFD/GW success?

(Posting in rebuilding instead of Student Loans because I'm rebuilding and have ~80K I'd like to settle, DOFD 11/2012, received most recent settlement letter from Navient's CA for ~$35K, have not spoken with anyone at Navient or their CA about this loan in about 2 years, receive a settlement offer of less and less about every few months, first one for ~69K, my state SOL=5 years.)

Could we compile a list of those who have successfully negotiated PRIVATE student loans with Sallie Mae / now Navient?  (Yes, I know Sallie Mae sounds like federal loans, but those of us interested in this post have private loans with the company and are typically aware of the differences between the two types of loans.)

Anyone settle a private student loan? If so what was the reported balance and the final settlement?

Anyone successfully negotiate a PFD for a private student loan?

Anyone have success with GW removals of either late payments or the entire tradeline?

Any successes please also list how far in default the loans were.

If Navient did begin legal proceedings, about how far delinquent were you and how close to your state's SOL?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae/Navient PRIVATE student loan settlements/PFD/GW success?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.