Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Post BK

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Sallie Mae Post BK

I posted this on the SL forum, but we do a much better job of activity from everyone here.....

Sallie Mae has told me that they will report on the 8th of every month, and I just made my first payment after my BK....  ALL my (7 of them) show 0 balance and IIB...Obviously I know that they are not....So my question does anyone have exp with this, where they go from IIB and 0 balance to showing Pays as agreed??  Do they show up in new TL and the old get deleted?  Or do they just get updated and changed back from IIB to paid/pays as agree on my CR??

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Post BK

Mine appear twice. 6 loans IIB and 6 current . Duplicates. I talked to someone on here who simply sent the discharge paperwork in and the derogatory lines deleted. I however have done that and more for six months, they won't budge for me. Keep saying reporting correctly. Six derogatories is killing me.... Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Think you so much for the response! I had a feeling that they were going to do something like that. So they won't delete your IMO bogus old IIB SL lines? Who are they from? What steps did you take to try and get them deleted from your CR? Sounds like they should delete them with your BK papers.
CCD Util 35%

Message 3 of 8
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Well of course they weren't IIB they were put in forebearance during BK. so when discharged I noticed they remained neg and spoke to someone on here who said they were successful in deletion of the negs. So I began calling, probably 3 times. Faxed and mailed letters requesting removal of the IIB TL's. sent copy of discharge, begged and pleaded. They just send me letters they are reporting correctly by reporting TWELVE TL's for SIX loans. I dont see how the acct numbers and amts can match but there be duplicates on each report? I guess going into forebearance during BK automatically makes them IIB... go figure. Even though they weren't and I'm paying them I still have the six negs. Give it a try perhaps you will reach someone more empathetic ....if so LMK. Perhaps someone knowledgeable will chime in.
Message 4 of 8
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Sorry, my loans are Sallie Mae.
Message 5 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

I will most certainly let you know what happens...I was told that they should report on the 8th of every month...so very soon.  I have a feeling they will show 7 new TL (all showing pays as agreed), but still show the old 7 as well.  I will certainly ask SM to delete those off my CR....IMO that can't be legal to keep showing something NEG like that if there wasn't anything truley discharged.....right?  I don't remember if I had seen this, but did you try disputing them, do they just come back verified from SM?

CCD Util 35%

Message 6 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Update:

Anna, I called SM just a bit ago and asked about the status of my  investigation on the late fees and the lates reported on my Credit Report (that the SM rep last week opened for me) and she came back and said that the late fees where credited back on my account on march 27th, and that a final decision hasn't been made on the lates on my CR and she said I should know soon about that.  I am hoping they remove those as well, cuz why would you get rid of the late fees and not the late reportings....etc....She also said that they report at the end of the month and that I won't see any changes to my report until end of april.  She told me that I have a "FRESH" start with the loans reporting on my CR, so I take that as I am going to see 7 new TL showing Paid/Pays as agreed and good when they report.  That also tells me that I am prolly going to see the 7 IIB still on there as well, so I am going to have to figure out how to get those removed.....Hope that helps some.....good luck!

CCD Util 35%

Message 7 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

4/5/13 Update:

I logged into CK today to see whats up and noticed that my scores went up and figured on whats going on......I noticed that Sallie Mae Student Loans all changed from showing IIB to now showing Paid/Pays as agreed!!  There are 3 Lates that are/were bogus that still show on there (loans were in forebearance) and they have been REALLY good helping me out and the guy at SM told me today that they WILL be removed from my TL (I have 7 TL from SM) So, yes thats a total of 21 lates (90,120,150 day) that will be removed and show FULLY good TL!  I am sooo stoked and so lucky to have them remove the lates.  Also, I didn't loose my AAoA either since they updated and the TL and not replace/add any new ones!

CCD Util 35%

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.