Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae and Chase success

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae and Chase success

Finding this site has been the best thing ever,

First with Chase. I had some high APR's from past screw ups (over 2-3 years ago) and even though I have been on time each month since then I was still getting hit with high interest. So I wrote a nice letter...didn't get anywhere. Then I found some back door info on this site and success! They dropped my APR's from 27.99% all the way down to 9.99% AND refunded me about $300 in back interest charges.

I then did the same for AMEX. They were not as helpful but did drop my APR by 1% to 16.9%...but hey at least it went down.

Now for Sallie Mae. I was a bit nervous contacting them because I had some delinquencies from 3 years ago. I know their website says specifically that they do not remove items from credit reports but I thought I'd give it a shot. I contacted their executive office and within a week I received a letter saying they would remove 2 of the 4 delinquencies because they screwed up...which was surprising to me. I haven't check my score just yet but when I got a job back in February they pulled an Experian and it was 686 before the removal of the delinquencies. So hopefully i'm over that 700 spot again. Anyways, just thought I would share. I wish I had done this and found this site a long time ago and taken care of it then!

I signed up for AMEX's credit montoring service and I have to say it's extremely disappointing. Their tools are useless. It has an interactive tool that lets you see what changes could do (hypothetically) to your score. Every "change" it had listed...even positive ones like lowering your balances and paying on time lowered your projected score. P.O.S in my opinion. At least it only cost $1 for the trial month.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae and Chase success

Congrats on your success! That's awesome Smiley Happy. Can you PM me the contact info you used to reach the executive office? Thanks!

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.